For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
The Senior Data Protection Manager will work closely with our Information Security function and GfK Media Measurement business stream to develop and monitor policies and standards applicable to the business and in compliance with UK/EU GDPR (as well as the Data Protection Act 2018 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regs). Reporting to our Chief Legal Officer based in Nuremberg and partnering with all Regional Legal & IS senior colleagues, the Senior Data Protection Manager takes responsibility for all matters associated with data usage compliance in our Media Measurement business whilst also providing regulatory recommendations & support on wider group data policy and strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implementing measures to manage data use in compliance with the GDPR, including implementing templates for data collection and assisting with data mapping, especially in the media measurement area.
- Serving as the primary point of contact and liaison for the Media Measurement team. Collaborating to review media measurement projects and related data to ensure compliance with data privacy laws, and where necessary, advising on and monitoring data protection privacy impact assessments.
- Reviewing vendor contracts (including EU model clauses) and consents needed to implement media measurement projects in partnership with GfK’s Information Security functions.
- Drafting and improving privacy and cookie notices, data processing agreements, concepts, guidelines and manuals
- Developing and delivering privacy training to internal stakeholders and collaborating with the Information Security functions to raise employee awareness of data privacy and security issues, and providing training on the subject matter.
- Collaborating with the Information Security function to maintain records of all data assets and exports, and maintaining a data security incident management plan to ensure timely remediation of incidents including impact assessments, security breach response, complaints, claims or notifications.
- Hold at least one data protection and/or privacy certification, such as CIPP /E and/or CIPT. Law degree or post-graduate legal qualification advantageous.
- 5 years’ experience in data protection topics in Europe with strong knowledge of EU data privacy and data protection regulations.
- Sufficient knowledge of information technology and data management systems required. Experience in media measurement technologies/with advertising agencies preferred.
- Well-developed and professional interpersonal skills; ability to interact effectively with people at all organisational levels of GfK.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Strong change and project management skills, including the ability to manage time well, prioritise effectively and handle multiple deadlines.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with the appropriate discretion.
- Fluent English language skills
- German language skills preferred
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!