United States of America
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
The Data Analytics Manager position within the Consumer Insights team encompasses broad responsibilities in a fast-paced consulting environment, leveraging a data analytics background while managing digital research projects designed to answer our clients' most strategic business questions.
Data Analytics Managers handle multiple complex digital research projects involving enhanced or unstructured data from the inception through final delivery. As a Data Analytics Manager you will manage the methodological, technical (interfacing with data processing teams) and analytic components of client studies in addition to collaborating with other GfK product teams to develop integrated reports.
Data Analytics Managers will also support business development activities by developing and pricing proposals. In addition, they coach junior project team members.
As , Data Analytics Manager you will have following key accountabilities:
- Oversee project direction and reporting for digital studies (digital behavioral tracking and other unstructured behavioral data sources including novel/emerging methodologies) to ensure a timely and high-quality end product for presentation to the client. This includes research design, supporting the SPL in project management, working closely with operations or other respective departments to ensure that deliverables are met, and developing insightful reports and deliverables for GfK clients.
- Create insights across projects and provide value-add to the client, including integrating behavioral data sources with survey research to help clients understand both what people say and what they do.
- Provide hands-on quality control involvement throughout the project.
- Maintain client satisfaction – providing on-going communication and with continual monitoring of the client’s experience.
- Attend in-person strategic conversations with the client as applicable.
- Position GfK with clients as a fact-based consulting business – a business with the ability to leverage insight / data through the application of a more diagnostic approach.
Now that we have introduced you to the position as Data Analytics Manager what skills, qualifications and experience should you, have?
- 2-3 years within the market research/data analytics industry on either the client or supplier side primarily focused on analyzing unstructured/enhanced and/or clickstream data (Recent completion of master’s in data Analytics or similar also applicable. Extensive co-op or internship experience with a BS in Data Analytics may also be considered).
- Outstanding client management skills; outstanding project management skills; excellent understanding of data analysis tools, techniques and big data industry trends.
- Experience with and ability to manage, conduct, and recommend a broad range of digital research projects and methodologies.
- Passionate and curious researcher with a track record of delivering high-impact work (with high client satisfaction). Strategic thinker and problem solver: Ability to go beyond the “What?” to provide actionable, meaningful insights (i.e., the “So What?” and “Now What?”).
- Demonstrates teamwork: Collaborates effectively in a team setting. Works toward team goals and participates in team decisions. Cooperates with others and offers help when needed.
- Demonstrates personal productivity: Achieves high levels of productivity by managing time, priorities, and personal effort; takes responsibility to ensure tasks are completed on time; strives to obtain an objective; shows a strong drive to follow through and complete actions.
- Ability to manage ambiguity and multi-task: Able to juggle multiple tasks and to “wear many hats”, working in a fairly unstructured environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong experience with productivity software required (PPT, Excel, Google Drive, etc.).
- Strong experience with data analysis software preferred but not required (R, Python, SPSS, SAS, etc.).
- Experience in the technology industry strongly preferred but not required.
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!