United States of America
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Who We Are:
MRI-Simmons Research is a leading consumer insights company. We are an established organization, with a great brand, that is aggressively reinventing itself through investments in technology and people!
What We Do:
MRI-Simmons measures consumer preferences, attitudes, and behaviors. We do this by collecting data through surveys and passively measured data in a way that is representative of the general population, applying data science and making sense of consumer data through enterprise-grade software. Marketers and media companies then use MRI-Simmons data and technology to develop marketing strategies, consumer segmentation schemes and media activation approaches. The MRI-Simmons Insights Product is a consumer intelligence and discovery platform that provides marketers with faster access to actionable consumer insights.
We currently have an opening for an Analyst on the team and are looking for someone who is a great communicator and a data geek. Candidates should be equally comfortable in a room full of marketing leaders or getting elbow deep in mining data to get to the bottom of a burning client question. They should have a strong background in client consultation, and the ability to identify what type of insights the client needs from the data. We also require well-honed skills in data analysis, writing, and presentation development and delivery. This position is fully remote with a preference to candidates in EST and CST.
As the Analyst, Custom Analytics, you will have following key accountabilities:
- Managing custom analytics projects for a core set of clients
- Working with internal salespeople and project managers to understand and deliver on client project work
- Occasionally assist sales and project managers with project scoping (developing and documenting a plan, timeline, and description of deliverables)
- Becoming an expert on MRI Simmons core datasets and internal tools for data mining and analysis
- Supporting other team members on data mining, analysis and deliverables for larger strategic clients
- Developing a broad understanding of industries our clients work in (e.g. media, retail, finance, health and beauty)
- Collaborating with other team members to develop and improve upon the deliverables we produce for clients
- Supporting Marketing team on research and product initiatives, with the opportunity to author blogs and social media posts from our datasets
Now that we have introduced you to the position of Analyst, Custom Analytics, what skills, qualifications, and experience should you, have?
- Exceptional project management skills. You can work independently, but know when to ask questions, so projects stay on-track. You plan for potential project pitfalls and take action to guard against them.
- Listening and critical thinking skills that shine through in your client and coworker interactions and presentations.
- The ability to work under tight deadlines and multitask more than one project at a time.
- Pride in being thorough and detail oriented.
- Very strong writing, Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Prior experience translating data for non-data savvy audiences, i.e., “storytelling.”
- Demonstrate interest and expertise in consumer research and/or behavior, with experience in or exposure to consumer marketing.
- Experience with syndicated data (e.g., GfK MRI).
- 2-4 years of market research experience.
What we offer:
- 401K Match
- Medical/ Vision/ Dental Insurance
- Work life balance- Hybrid or Remote schedule
- Tuition Assistance – up to $5,250.00 yearly
- 11 paid corporate Holidays
- Life / Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Supplier Discounts/ Plum Benefits partnership
At GfK we value diversity, equity, and inclusion. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
We are not responsible for any fee related to unsolicited resumes from 3rd party staffing and recruiting agencies (whether submitted through this website or sent directly to employees) unless a written agreement is in place between the agency and GfK (“Company”) and an authorized Company representative makes a written request to the agency to assist with this requisition. Similarly, no fee will be paid for candidates who apply and claim to be represented by an agency. Any unsolicited resumes, CVs, or other candidate information submitted by an agency will become the property of GfK, and no fee will be paid in the event such candidate is hired.
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!