United States of America
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
The Account Director, Digital Data Partnerships(AD) will work collaboratively with the head of commercial partnerships and cross-functionally with colleagues from other sales verticals and the product innovation team to develop new data partnerships, participate in ‘digital’ pitches, assist in developing new digital product initiatives, and finalize negotiations and contracts in relation to closing new MRI-Simmons product partner business. This position will play a key role in the direction/focus of the Digital Partnership business and assist in creating viable products from these new partnerships.
As the Account Director, Digital Data Partnerships, you will have following key accountabilities:
- Work effectively and collaboratively internally to communicate the vision for the digital partnership business
- Work with current Data Partnership sales executives to understand how they use MRI-Simmons data and seek opportunities
- Be an industry expert on the AdTech and MarTech ecosystems, with a thorough understanding of how to fit our data assets into new digital partnership opportunities
- Lead in negotiating, executing, and setting the commercial terms for new digital data partnerships
- Work with the Product, Commercial and Operations Leads to understand what types of products could be formed from the data as well as identify other opportunities
- Manage the internal sales processes to ensure all CRM data is up to date, sales orders are executed, and payments are received
- Work with Operations/Development and Client Service to determine data or software requirements and/or resources needed for delivery of the data
- Provide guidance and expertise in guiding colleagues from other sales verticals through more advanced/digital sales opportunities
- Ensure that all reporting requirements from partners are being met and contractual obligations are being fulfilled
- Work with Client Service to create efficient and automated processes to ensure smooth data delivery and billing processes
- Work with Head of Commercial Partnerships and the Marketing team to define go-to-market strategy and promote new product initiatives
Now that we have introduced you to the position of Account Director, Digital Data Partnerships what skills, qualifications, and experience should you have?
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years’ experience in sales or business development roles within marketing research, AdTech or MarTech environment
- Ability to develop the digital partnership business and assist sales staff in developing digital opportunities
- Ability to effectively communicate relevant points about the digital partnerships to colleagues as well as understand their/clients’ needs
- Strong understanding of the Digital/Advanced Advertising Ecosystem
- Expertise in the use/application of MRI-Simmons data and the ability to apply it to new digital partnership opportunities
- Ability to define and execute efficient processes for accounting, billing, data delivery
- Ability to plan and execute a roadmap for partnership and product development at a strategic, long-term level, as well as on a day-to-day tactical level
- Strong communication skills to mediate across teams and different external parties, effectively communicate points to relevant parties
- Collaborative and a team player
- Exceptional relationship management skills, with experience in building strong relationships with key stakeholders, executive-level clients, and colleagues
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to understand and implement complex contracts and agreements
- Excellent consultative selling skills and familiarity with value-based pricing methodology; ability to proactively use knowledge of our partners’ industries to identify new business opportunities and make strategic recommendations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We are not responsible for any fee related to unsolicited resumes from 3rd party staffing and recruiting agencies (whether submitted through this website or sent directly to employees) unless a written agreement is in place between the agency and GfK (“Company”) and an authorized Company representative makes a written request to the agency to assist with this requisition. Similarly, no fee will be paid for candidates who apply and claim to be represented by an agency. Any unsolicited resumes, CVs, or other candidate information submitted by an agency will become the property of GfK, and no fee will be paid in the event such candidate is hired.
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!