For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Senior Infrastructure Engineer – Cloud Services
Market research is the original data driven business. Incubated and spun-off from a university, we have earned the trust of the world´s biggest companies and leading brands - for more than 80 years. Today, everything at GfK starts and ends with Data and Science. We are proud of our heritage – and our future: Currently we’re on a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by cutting edge technology. In our Technology & Data organization, we are responsible for the entire lifecycle of our data-driven products. This is only possible with extraordinary people. And that’s why we are looking for YOU! A passionate Senior Infrastructure Engineer – Cloud Services.
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer – Cloud Services, you will be a key part of a Global Infrastructure team and focused on cloud infrastructure and services. We run both private and public clouds, with a focus on VMware, AWS and Google Cloud. Our purpose: Implementation of all necessary operative tasks to guarantee maintenance of operation. Support running applications, services, and platforms and network to deliver promised service portfolio according to SLAs. Help ensure global IT support based on a follow-the-sun organization as well as 24/7 on-call-duty.
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer – Cloud Services you will have the following key
- Help manage and push our move to a fully integrated hybrid cloud infrastructure, with a focus on VMware vRA, AWS, VMC (VMware on AWS) and VMware on Google Cloud.
- To plan and be one of the main architects of our Public Cloud automation services and projects.
- Assist in incident resolution, Incident management
- Help managing and implementing changes, Change management
- Have close customer contact during operative work
- Help manage interaction with suppliers
- Be familiar with modern ITIL practices
- Support team in daily cloud and infrastructure related tasks
- Ensure global IT support based on follow-the-sun organization as well as 24/7 on-call-duty (one week per 2 months)
Now that you know what a Senior Infrastructure Engineer – Cloud Services does, what skills,
qualifications and experience do you need?
- High level knowledge and understanding of native AWS/Google cloud services
- Good working ability to plan and have oversight of large cloud projects
- Good understanding of networking in general (routing, firewalling, load balancing concepts)
- Some knowledge and understanding of VMware enterprise products
- Some administrative experience of public and private Cloud infrastructure
- Public Cloud network and security experience would be an advantage
Join our team and benefit from the following advantages:
- Exciting work environment that brings people together
- Use of the latest digital technologies
- Initial and ongoing trainings to support your development
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Competitive remuneration and bonus scheme linked to individual performance and company results
- 3 additional non-working days annually
- Food vouchers
- Health insurance
- Discount program with external vendors
- Eco friendly travellers are welcome to the office – parking places for bikers and free card for public transportation are available to all employees
- Last but not least – GfK Sofia office is located close to the city centre and easily accessible from any point by public transportation – 47A Tsarisgradsko Shose Blvd
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!