For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
The Marketing & Consumer Insight – Ad-Hoc team within GfK are looking for a candidate to work on new and existing research projects while playing a major part in creating proposals to respond to and win business from incoming briefs. The applicant must have experience of designing and conducting research across a range of industry sectors, including the tech and durables sectors.
A key part of the role is to act as a senior research lead for at least one of our major accounts. This will require the candidate to have strong account handling and client servicing skills in tandem with a proven track record of building programs and outputs to address key business questions. Experience and knowledge of how clients should improve their brand, products, positioning and targeting are key assets. The candidate should have in-depth experience of shopper and segmentation methodologies. Since GfK are developing new and exciting research products, an interest in trialing new research methodologies would be desirable.
With a proven track record in delivering shopper, segmentation and landscaping insight and expertise to clients, throughout the entire research process, this role will appeal to an established Associate Director / Research Director.
Experience, skills and competencies required:
- Shopper and Segmentation research experience is essential
- Proven track record of leading and delivering research projects from commissioning to the delivery of insight
- Commercially minded – shows a good understanding of how the research will be used by the client
- Strong business development skills, including designing approaches and proposal writing
- Knows how to create and drive insight within a business
- Can guide non-research clients on key aspects of projects – such as methodological approach, sample sizes, analysis techniques and interpretation of results
- Ability to connect with clients and build relationships
- Strong POV on how to translate insight into meaningful action in today’s world
- Though line management may / may not be a role responsibility, leadership in thought and action is key for the team
The key skill set we seek is:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong and credible presentation skills – an ability to present to a range of audiences, from internal colleagues to pitch meetings, client stakeholders, as well as client-side researchers
- Strong analytical approach and familiarity with shopper and segmentation analysis techniques
- Must enjoy and have a passion for ‘digging’ through data sets to find the real story and themes that are worthy of further investigation
- Proposal writing and pitching skills
- Interest in working across a wide range of sectors including Tech & Durables
- People management skills are not essential, but being a team player and positive role model is - A team of very self-motivated execs are already in place and as such the management task will be coaching and supporting to develop further the team’s skills
- Confidence – being able to put forward a point of view or debate a point and provide proof or evidence to support that view
GfK our history and core values mean mutual trust and respect are fundamental to our continued success. We’re an ethical and honest company that’s wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!