For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Reporting to our Finance Director for the Netherlands and Belgium, the Financial Controller plays a key role in the focus areas of accounting, business and control. Working from the Netherlands office responsibilities overarch across countries in one team with Dutch and Belgian colleagues.
The Financial Controller plays a critical role as an expert in the local team of finance professionals as well as to the outsourced accounting team on IFRS, statutory and tax accounts, reconciliations, tax and audit as well as defining and implementing 'best in class' controlling processes.
For our location in Amstelveen , we are looking for a self-starter, who accepts challenges, creates solutions and performs well independently as well as in a team.
As Controller, you will have the following key accountabilities:
Finance, reporting and tax
- Responsible for an accurate and efficient month and year end close process
- Timely and accurate management reporting under IFRS and local and tax GAAP
- Review month end numbers, comment on deviations and follow-up on actions
- Optimize working relationships with the accounting service provider and SSC abroad
- Controls the procurement process interfaces with finance and accounting
- Translate group guidelines into action plans and implementation
- Deal with information requests, coordinate response and participate in projects
- Take a leading role in external and internal audits
- Drive Working Capital Management and cashflow forecasting and reporting
- Reconciliation of Bank and Inter Company
- Take care of Tax Transfer Pricing requirements
- Support the commercial business leads and controllers of the three service lines
- Be a strong partner to cost center owners and stakeholders
- Track action plans supporting latest business decisions
- Contribute to a smooth budget and forecast process
- Drive financial performance on revenue, costs, profit and cash
- Finance Director – Netherlands and Belgium
- Country leadership teams and stakeholders, three service lines, two countries
- Netherlands and Belgium Finance Team
- Group Finance Functions (Group Controlling, Sector Controlling, Group Tax)
Now that we've introduced you to the position as Controller, what skills, qualifications and experience should you have?
- Qualified Financial
- 5+ years working experience within Finance functions esp. in a complex and dynamic environment
- Experience of working in a group reporting environment
- Ability to analyze financial data and understand financial reports, statements, cash flow and projections
- Good knowledge of IFRS, Dutch GAAP and tax reporting and processes
- Agile team player with excellent communication skills
- Maturity dealing with challenging situations and a fast-paced business
- High integrity and trusted personality
- Fluent Dutch language skills
- Proficiency in written and spoken English (at least level B2 in Council of Europe scale)
- End user skills required: SAP, reporting systems
- User skills preferred: Tagetik, Salesforce
- Microsoft Office (especially Excel and PowerPoint)
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!