For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
GfK is looking for a UX Designer with 5+ years experience in the design industry to be an active part of the development lifecycle of the GfK digital products. You will be a champion for UX and interaction best practices, accessibility standards, consistency and largely a team player with the rest of the Data Platform UX team.
You'll be working with the Product manager and scrum team to support and provide designs that solve complex problems. Using design thinking methodologies, UX practices, tools and processes. You will be in control of user interviews, validation sessions and usability testing to create the best solution for the needs of our clients.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to design solutions and propositions in response to our clients’ needs.
- Propose necessary changes on the existing applications to balance global usability standards and existing behaviours from our users.
- Validate designs ahead of development to make sure we provide with high quality products to our clients.
- To share and promote the work you and your team is doing to the wider GfK.
- Support the Principal Designer to prioritise efforts to support cross-domain applications.
- Work with the development team to evaluate existing requirements. Create designs and implement features to improve quality and consistency. Communicate these findings and decisions to the rest of the team and stakeholders.
- Working with the product manager to conduct exploratory user and stakeholder interviews, user acceptance testing and usability testing sessions to gather evidence and requirements for the user interface.
- Mapping existing propositions to user needs to identify gaps and opportunities to improve the UX/UI.
- Consume, support and contribute to the development of an enterprise Design System to be consumed by the Data Platform.
- Articulate the reasons that brings you to an specific design solution and being capable to adapt those based on the limitations of the tool.
- Maintain a cross domain vision of GfK design activities for common interaction patters and solutions.
- Flexibility on time management to work with teams in different time zones (GMT – 4, GMT +5 and GNT+1)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to clearly articulate concepts, ideas and requirements so they are understood by Technical & Non-Technical teams
- Presentation and facilitation skills, able to present ideas/concepts to stakeholders with clarity and confidence and obtain high quality outputs from collaborative tasks
- Capable of resolving challenges independently, escalating only when appropriate
- A team player, able to work collaboratively with other members of the team and autonomously when required
- Excellent self-organisation and ability to plan own work in line with the broader team plans and priorities
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!