For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
1. Provide timely and accurate feedback to the Operation Manager on the major performance areas of the Field team including collection status, retailer complaints, recruitment status, operational issues, data, panel and other day-to-day issues
2. Maintain positive working relationships and open communication with all colleagues, including the Field team, Account Managers, other departments and in the Region
3. Continually innovate, develop and suggest enhancements to gain better work efficiency
4. Continually ensure that the company’s regional and global standards are adhered to at all times
5. Provide timely and reliable updates to the Operation Manager and other colleagues for possible market development changes including: new products or new product categories, channels, retailer profiles, brand activities, trends and other relevant information.
6. Fully responsible to ensure full understanding of all GfK tools & software used
7. Ensure full knowledge of GfK retail audit methodologies and definitions, fully understand and apply the data control procedures and techniques, as documented by the GfK Research department, ensure consistent data output and thoroughly understand the product manual.
8. Ensure full knowledge of all field processes as documented in the Field Manual.
9. Fully responsible for all assigned tasks delegated by the Operation Manager (including ad-hoc studies, trade survey studies, universe checks etc)
10. Successfully support and execute New PGs launch. Able to Supervise, role out QC and Cost Control on Operation Project
B. Control and Planning
1. Fully responsible for product data quality.
2. Fully responsible for accurate data entry and coding.
3. Fully responsible to ensure correct audit sheets are sent to the retailers monthly.
4. Ensure full knowledge of the Company’s quality standards are achieved for sample targets, sample stability, retailer's satisfaction, data entry deadlines, data control procedures and feature quality.
5. Ensure all relevant work manuals are utilised and kept up to date.
6. Ensure successful recruitment and retention of retailers in line with the objectives set by the Operation Manager.
7. Responsible for ensuring optional data quality by conducting regular quality analysis
8. Responsible for highlighting coding errors to the Operation Manager to enable corrections to be made to maintain high level of data accuracy.
9. Responsible to resolve and check any quality issues raised by clients and Client Service personnel.
10. Ensure the timely submission of monthly market reports per agreed schedule outlined by the Operation Manager.
11. Maintaining, improving and managing current job scope with high degree of participation and ownership.
12. High planning and organization skills in order to comply with deadlines, knowledge in selecting the correct profile and identifying wrong/false information.
13. Like managing fast pace information,enjoy fast pace & challenging works, able to handle pressing deadline and multi tasking.
C. Retailer Servicing
1. Establish, develop and maintain positive working relationships with retailer contacts at all levels at all times.
2. Ensure the appropriate level of service and support is provided to maximise retailer retention.
3. Continually innovate, develop and enhance the services that retailers receive, both short and long term.
4. Ensure retailers receive regular presentations by working closely with the respective product portfolio Account Managers personnel and co-ordinating preparation of presentation materials with team members
5. Document all requests and comments made by retailers and report to the Field Manager to ensure timely feedback and follow-up actions to resolve any issues.
6. Excellent sales/negotiation skills required for shop recruitment.
7. Sound analytical skills and the ability to interpret research data
8. Ability to grasp and quickly understand markets, methodologies and techniques.
9. Split of 50% Desk-bound job and 50% fieldworks going out in market visiting retailers/project
D. Sales and Marketing
1. Responsible for creating awareness and raising the company profile to all retailers by means of direct marketing, media awareness, servicing etc.
2. Identify new business opportunities by highlighting emerging markets in the retail industry.
E. Market Knowledge
1. Maintain up to date market knowledge on all product categories audited by undertaking regular market visits, at least once a week, to keep abreast of the current and future market offerings, and regularly performing model comparisons to build a high level of product knowledge.
2. Keep up to date on changes in the universe by product category by regular market observation checks, desk research etc.
3. Understand the channel definition, track existing channels and monitor the development of new channels.
4. Inform the Field Manager on distribution changes in the country in order to guarantee continuous tracking of all major distribution channels.
5. Become the company expert on the specified product categories and its features.
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!