For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
GfK Marketing & Consumer Intelligence is looking for an enthusiastic and ambitions Research Executive to join its team of brand and consumer specialists.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and organised researcher to become a key part of an established team. Working alongside experts and specialists, you will be helping to deliver successful and highly valued brand and consumer insights to a diverse list of clients – both UK and global – covering a wider variety of industries from telecoms, online casinos and betting, home furnishings, automotive, and media.
The role requires the individual to support on on-going large-scale tracking programs as well as bespoke/adhoc studies, in addition to the opportunity to help support future prospects and new business opportunities. This is a high-profile role with the potential for significant client contact, with the individual working with the team to help deliver reporting and build story led presentations in order to provide strong consultancy.
The individual will benefit from working in a close team environment as well as the opportunity to build strong relationships with clients. This role offers good progression opportunities for the right candidate.
- Relevant research experience (in a previous agency or client side role) is preferable but not essential
- Be able to demonstrate clear and effective communication skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Working as part of the exec team on analysis for reports and debriefs – this will include charting, writing commentaries, summaries and will involve developing bespoke analysis to answer clients’ queries
- Assisting with analysis planning for debriefs and reporting templates
- Attending and presenting presentations, client meetings and client calls
- Working with the project management team to ensure successful project setup and delivery
- Developing strong relationship with client and becoming key point of contact for them – client communication is a key part of this role
- Continually improving both the design and analysis of presentations to create impactful and powerful workshops
- Strong IT skills, especially PowerPoint and Excel as well as the ability to use data analysis packages
- Passion for brands and communications
- Analysis skills – delivering insight and recommendations
- Communication and presenting skills
- Ability to manage senior expectations
- Ability to connect with clients and build relationships
- Be organised and flexible. The ability to plan is key, the ability to adjust plans to achieve changing goals is especially key
- Must enjoy and have a passion for ‘digging’ through data sets to find the real story and themes that are worthy of further investigation
Take your future into your own hands. We value skills & talents and will support your development within our international teams. We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together and encourages an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We passionately focus on addressing our clients’ needs and improving their knowledge through the best digital research solutions in the world. We do this by integrating data from all sources and by providing prescriptive analytics giving insightful answers to their key business questions. We call this Growth from Knowledge.
At GfK our history and core values mean mutual trust and respect are fundamental to our continued success. We’re an ethical and honest company that’s wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!