For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
The Data Product Researcher monitors product launch cycles from key manufacturers and ensures new product information is received and passed to pre-coding functions prior to product launches. The Data Product Researcher will be responsible for acquiring new product information and resolving queries and issues on new/existing products which are unable to be coded due to lack of information supplied in the retailer data. Flexibility, prioritisation and strong organisational skills are a must. Good attention to detail, a good telephone manner and the ability to develop good working relationships with internal stakeholders are pre-requisites.
Key tasks & responsibilities:
- Query Handler: Be able to handle all data queries (internal and external) are handled efficiently and effectively. Work closely with other Operational departments regarding improving data quality of existing retailer data. Coordinate as needed with colleagues around the world.
Data Review: Understand the data management process and work effectively within it. Take ownership and carry out analysis to resolve outstanding coding queries where standard approaches have failed. Where required contact manufacturers or make retailer store visits to source missing product information The position also includes Quality Control of processed data.
- Build Knowledge of GfK Tools: Develop good knowledge of GfK internal tools. Create & maintain a high level of product knowledge – awareness of changes in the market and new product launches for key manufacturers
- Client Advocate: To implement initiatives that will positively impact the quality of the data that we supply to clients. To ensure that the success of the initiatives are quantified through metrics published on a weekly and monthly basis
- Relationship Management: Build and maintain a good working relationship with internal stakeholders
- Streamlining processes
- Relationship building – external partners
Experience, skills and competencies required:
- Native speaker of at least one of the Scandinavian languages
- Fluent English (verbal and Writing)
- Highly proficient within Microsoft Office suite of tools; Outlook, Excel, Word
- Attention to detail and high quality standards are essential
- A clear thinker with excellent problem solving skills and consistently solutions focused
- Results orientated, ability to work to benchmarks and Key Performance Indicators
- Ability to manage complex and conflicting requirements or multiple tasks/projects
- You must also be able to work with multiple weekly deadlines.
- An extra plus if you have an interest of electronics, especially IT & MobilePhones.
The position is based in Copenhagen
GfK makes your choice easy as we offer an exciting work environment that brings people together and encourages an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. As a trusted leader in market research present in over 100 countries, we know what makes consumers’ hearts beat—globally and locally. We work on projects for successful companies in virtually every major industry.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!