United States of America
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Who We Are:
MRI-Simmons Research is a leading consumer insights company. We are an established organization, with a great brand, that is aggressively reinventing itself through investments in technology and people!
What We Do:
MRI-Simmons measures consumer preferences, attitudes, and behaviors. We do this by collecting data through surveys and passively measured data in a way that is representative of the general population, applying data science and making sense of consumer data through enterprise-grade software. Marketers and media companies then use MRI-Simmons data and technology to develop marketing strategies, consumer segmentation schemes and media activation approaches. The MRI-Simmons Insights Product is a consumer intelligence and discovery platform that provides marketers with faster access to actionable consumer insights.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced SVP, Technology to set strategy and make executive technology decisions for a leading consumer data company, including managing onshore and offshore engineering teams, setting and managing a technology budget, and leading the department in alignment with the organization’s vision. The SVP, Technology will communicate with employees, stakeholders, and customers to ensure our roadmaps are aligned with industry best practices and that our resources are staffed for success. Strategic thinking and strong business acumen are essential in this role. We expect you to be well-versed in current technological trends and familiar with the concepts of a data and analytics business. The SVP will also need to see their role through the lens of the business, while driving innovative technologies that will enhance the company’s products and create a sustainable competitive advantage.
As the SVP, Technology, you will have following key accountabilities:
- Provide technical leadership at the enterprise level and serve an integral role in operations and business development
- Lead the strategy for technology platforms and resource allocations to ensure successful delivery of technology objectives and products
- Manage day-to-day operations for entire technology department, onshore and offshore
- Discover and implement new technologies that yield competitive advantage
- Supervise system infrastructure to ensure system up-time, functionality, and efficiency
- Develop, track, and control the technology department’s annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing and operations
- Work closely with Product, Marketing, Business Development and Operations to define and deliver new products and processes, as well as enhancing existing products and processes
- Lead and direct system design and changes in system architecture, while keeping abreast of new trends and best practices in the technology landscape
- Lead quality assurance processes, ensuring the protection and maintenance of company asses
- Strategize and align with Commercial and Account management teams to ensure client needs are met while maintaining timelines and budgets
- Maintain, recruit, and grow technology team to be a best-in-class organization
- Able to communicate technical requirements with respect to business benefits they provide
Now that we have introduced you to the position of SVP, Technology, what skills, qualifications, and experience should you, have?
- Previous working experience as a technology leader or CTO
- Experience developing enterprise-grade cloud native applications and infrastructure
- Experience leading a team of managers, including offshore personnel
- Knowledge of technological trends to build strategy
- Experience managing resources to deliver on-time and budget
- Excellent decision-making ability based on growth, with a data-driven mindset
- Ability to develop milestone plans that ladder up to strategic company objectives
- Leader with the ability to recruit, retain and grow talent
- In-depth knowledge of web systems architecture, design and development
- In-depth knowledge of data analytics systems and processes
- Experience with data and production operations
- Hands-on experience with complex project management
- Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to gain consensus with internal and external stakeholders
- Able to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences, including executive leadership
What we offer:
- 401K Match
- Medical/ Vision/ Dental Insurance
- Work life balance- Hybrid or Remote schedule
- Tuition Assistance – up to $5,250.00 yearly
- 11 paid corporate Holidays
- Life / Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Supplier Discounts/ Plum Benefits partnership
At GfK we value diversity, equity, and inclusion. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
We are not responsible for any fee related to unsolicited resumes from 3rd party staffing and recruiting agencies (whether submitted through this website or sent directly to employees) unless a written agreement is in place between the agency and GfK (“Company”) and an authorized Company representative makes a written request to the agency to assist with this requisition. Similarly, no fee will be paid for candidates who apply and claim to be represented by an agency. Any unsolicited resumes, CVs, or other candidate information submitted by an agency will become the property of GfK, and no fee will be paid in the event such candidate is hired.
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!