For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
The key accountability of the software test engineer is to deliver product quality with the development team.
- Participate in “3 amigos” - pair with the PO and Developer and create Acceptance Criteria for the user stories
- Review the acceptance criteria and identify the test scenarios
- Provide test estimates during sprint planning
- Create a pragmatic test plan to cover testing within all phases of software development
- Develop automated acceptance tests for the features
- Develop and implement integration, regression and system tests for the new features
- Create and maintain test data and test environment needed for testing
- Log defects and track them to closure
- Conduct exploratory testing as part of every sprint
- Develop automated tests for non-functional testing
- Collect quality metrics for the product and enhance the testing process for continuous improvement
Software testing processes
- Ability to review user stories to ensure that acceptance criteria stated are correct, unambiguous and verifiable
- Ability to work as an embedded tester in the context of a scrum team
- Ability to evaluate the complexity of user stories, contributing to estimates during sprint planning
- Ability to develop high quality, maintainable and performant test code
- Ability to ensure test execution is appropriately conducted by cross-functional scrum team members
- A good ability to judge when a proposed technical solution requires discussion and consensus within the cross-functional team because it may impact:
- Good understanding of the software testing methodology and process of the development team and being able to fulfil the tasks and ceremonies required from software test engineers
- Good knowledge of Exploratory testing techniques, Rapid software testing and Session-based testing, testing heuristics
- Ability to triage issues found and report on progress
- Ability to plan, execute and validate tests across the full test spectrum (functional, non-functional, infosecurity, integration, regression, smoke, UAT and OAT)
- Ability to identify opportunities to improve the quality assurance processes and actively contribute to test automation initiatives
Software development tools
- The understanding and basic use of all elements of the software development toolchain (IDE, Issue tracker, document repository, SCM, CI server, etc.)
- A solid understanding of OOP development practices and with Java or similar
- The ability to write automated acceptance tests in at least one framework or tool
- The ability to integrate automated acceptance tests into CI/CD pipeline
- The ability to use the version control system the development team uses and understand and follow its basic concepts practices and guidelines and branching strategy in place
Technologies and standards
- Knowledgeable in BDD/TDD methodologies
- Familiarity and ability to work in an automated test approach and page object design / facade / singletons patterns
- Basic understanding of Micro-Services architecture
- Knowledgeable in automated API testing
- Acceptance Test Automation in Selenium Webdriver, Cucumber
- Familiarity and ability to work in CI tools like Jenkins and cloud infrastructure like AWS
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!