For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
The MLE team in the GfK Technology & Data department is an international team with colleagues working in Nuremberg, London, and Warsaw. Our MLEs work with data scientists in research teams and in cross-functional teams that include product experts, data analysts, software engineers, SREs, and front-end developers.
We are using various technologies over the various products and apply state-of-the-art science and machine learning techniques to provide data-driven intelligent solutions for our clients.
The MLE team actively encourages the personal growth of its members by offering continuous learning opportunities. The MLEs at GfK have a horizontal function. This will give you the opportunity to work in different product teams where you can gain experience In other business areas, meet new colleagues and become familiar with new methods and technologies.
This is a Nuremberg or Warsaw or London based position - there is no travel required.
- Work with GfK's unique data assets
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and enhance ML solutions using software engineering best practices
- Study and convert data science prototypes to production quality ML Solution
- Implement machine learning solutions at a large scale, in on-premises or cloud-based environments
- Implement end-to-end management of the model lifecycle using MLOps practices
- PhD or Master or Bachelor degree that reflects computer science/engineering and statistical/mathematical skills
- Multivariate time series modelling (ARIMA / SARIMA / Prophet)
- Econometric modelling (program evaluation, forecasting, economic theory)
- Observational causal inference (potential outcomes, structural equation models, instrumental variables)
- Experience in machine learning software development and architectures for machine learning
- Understanding of data structures, algorithms, data modeling and software principles
- Solid skills in Python and the respective Machine Learning ecosystem
- Solid skills in working in (big) database environments (RDBMS, Postgres, BigQuery)
- Good to have experience in Machine learning frameworks such as MLflow
- Good to have experience or knowledge of kubeflow, Airflow, docker, Kubernetes
- Good to have experience in cloud computing environments (AWS, GCP)
- Strong communication skills in English (written and verbal)
- Team Player
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!