United States of America
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
The Research Manager position within the Consumer Insights team encompasses broad responsibilities in a fast-paced consulting environment, leveraging a marketing research background while managing projects designed to answer our clients' most strategic business questions.
Research Managers handle multiple complex marketing research projects from the inception through final delivery. As a Research Manager you will provide input on study design (including sample/weighting construction, questionnaire construction, analysis and reporting plans), project management, report findings, and manage clients. Research Managers also support business development activities. In addition, they coach junior project team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design survey research instruments that will answer the research and business objectives as defined in the proposal stage. Strong understanding of question and questionnaire construction is a must.
- Collaborate with the Operations project team from design and programming through to report analysis and production. Monitor and report out on study performance in terms of schedule, quality, and budgets.
- Design and prepare data analysis plans, design reports. Synthesize and integrate large amounts of data into compelling, concise deliverables that meet the client’s needs/expectations.
- Work with mid-level clients on various aspects of the research (design, timing, reporting, etc.), providing project updates, and delivering above and beyond client expectations.
- Anticipate clients’ needs/requirements and proactively manage situations to expectations and resolve any issues.
- Understand and advise on research issues including ad hoc requests as appropriate.
- Support proposal development including proposal writing and assisting with cost estimation/price development.
- Help develop new business, working with senior team members.
- Mentor junior research staff, teaching and enhancing their understanding of the research process and building their research acumen.
Experience and Skills:
- 4-5 years within the market research industry on either the client or supplier side
- Outstanding client management skills; outstanding project management skills; excellent understanding of data analysis tools and techniques
- Experience with and ability to manage, conduct, and recommend a broad range of research projects and methodologies.
- Passionate and curious researcher with a track record of delivering high-impact work (with high client satisfaction). Strategic thinker and problem solver: Ability to go beyond the “What?” to provide actionable, meaningful insights (i.e., the “So What?” and “Now What?”).
- Demonstrates teamwork: Collaborates effectively in a team setting. Works toward team goals and participates in team decisions. Cooperates with others and offers help when needed.
- Demonstrates personal productivity: Achieves high levels of productivity by managing time, priorities, and personal effort; takes responsibility to ensure tasks are completed on time; strives to obtain an objective; shows a strong drive to follow through and complete actions.
- Ability to manage ambiguity and multi-task: Able to juggle multiple tasks and to “wear many hats”, working in a fairly unstructured environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in the technology industry a plus
BA, BS in a variety of disciplines including not only market research, marketing, data science, economics, business, journalism, English, history, communications, etc
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!