For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Senior Infrastructure Engineer – Linux
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer – Linux you will be a part of a global Linux team within large and diverse global structure of IT hubs. On this role you will manage and support the Linux enterprise environment. We are looking for an IT professional with experience in automation to join GfK’s IT Services team in Sofia.
Last, but not least, you will enhance your ITIL knowledge and work in a dynamic environment applying agile methodology.
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer – Linux you will have the following key accountabilities:
- Work on the stabilization and standardization of the Linux environment
- Manage projects for automation and orchestration
- Introduce new technologies to further enhance and optimize the Linux environment
Now that you know what a Senior Infrastructure Engineer – Linux does, what skills, qualifications and experience do you need?
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Linux server engineer in large (1,000+ servers) multi-site environments, commissioning and administering physical, virtual and Cloud servers
- Strong scripting skills and an understanding of Infrastructure as Code
- Strong understanding of server security best practices
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline and the relevant tools
- Familiarity with deployment techniques (and tools) in a distributed environment
- Strong knowledge of monitoring tools such as Icinga, Prometheus, Graphite etc.
- Basic understanding of relational and non-relational databases
- Experience with performance and tuning of Linux operating systems
- Fluent English
- Strong analytical skills, able to investigate faults and determine root cause issues
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to present complex technical information to non-technical audiences
- Team-oriented, collaborative professional
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with internal infrastructure teams, management, stakeholders, external service providers, vendors and partners
- Ability to mentor and provide leadership to junior team members
It would be a great addition if you have:
- Strong documentation authoring skills
- LPIC-1, LPIC-2, LPIC-3
- Valid Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
Join our team and benefit from the following advantages:
- Exciting work environment that brings people together
- Use of the latest digital technologies
- Initial and ongoing trainings to support your development
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Competitive remuneration and bonus scheme linked to individual performance and company results
- 3 additional non-working days annually
- Food vouchers
- Health insurance
- Discount program with external vendors
- Eco friendly travelers are welcome to the office – parking places for bikers and free card for public transportation are available to all employees
- Variety of sport activities such as football and traditional Bulgarian dances
- Last but not least – GfK Sofia office is located close to the city centre and easily accessible from any point by public transportation – 47A Tsarisgradsko Shose Blvd
All documents will be treated in the strictest confidentiality.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!