For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
As a Senior Specialist Geodata (m/f/d) with GfK you will be responsible for:
- Improvement of workflows to create, update and describe geodata as well as automated production of derived products focusing on advancing automation
- Development of automated quality checks, lists of changes, assignment tables or other relevant documentation for geodata production
- Search, analyze and preprocess source data (geodata and tabular data)
- Update the existing boundaries based on the researched source data
You will be a good fit if you have the following qualifications and skills:
- University degree (BSc, MSc) in geography, geoinformatics, cartography, or similar
- Ideally 4 or more years of professional experience in the field of geoinformation
- Extensive knowledge on spatial data creation, processing, and analysis (vector, raster) in
GI systems (e.g. QGIS/ArcGIS)
- Extensive knowledge in SQL (ideally spatial SQL in PostgreSQL/PostGIS), additional programming knowledge in Python is desirable
- Strong analytical thinking and excellent problem-solving skills paired with natural curiosity and thoroughness during research
- Commitment to teamwork and a high sense of responsibility
- Fluency in German and English, additional languages would be considered an advantage
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!