For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Working as part of the Global Support Function, providing exceptional customer experience to circa 11,000 GfK internal employees across EMEA, The Americas and APAC. Supporting the 24x5 follow the sun model between Sofia, Bulgaria and KL, Malaysia you will join a team providing support for all areas across the IT landscape either with the main Service Desk or as an onsite IT Support Engineer.
Provides effective customer centric interface for GfK staff seeking IT support. Includes receiving calls for support, recording and tracking incidents and requests, keeping customers advised on request status and progress. Makes initial assessment of requests, attempts to resolve simple issues or escalate to the appropriate service support staff.
- Serve as a single point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance.
- Provide a high-level resolution, responding to IT issues; hardware maintenance, software, networking, etc. and implement remote remedies as required.
- Provides effective interface with users, ensuring all diagnostic information is provided for error resolution and incident analysis
- Assist with the implementation, and ongoing support of new software and features.
- Modify configurations, utilities, software, etc. as needed.
- Ensure that asset information is reviewed and kept up to date.
- Guide customers through the problem-solving process, directing unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services.
- Ensure all tickets & configuration items are updated within the service management toolset
- Follow-up and update customer status and information
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures
- Knowledge of the processes and methods used to assure that the activities of service meet customer need
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
Onsite IT Support Analyst – additional tasks
- Local Break fix activities as assigned by the Service Desk
- Delivery of support for any walk up appointments (Tech Bar)
- Warm handover from the Service Desk for Chat, phone support in local language
- Hardware commissioning of new equipment, Imaging of returned, failed hardware
- Local application, print and AV Support
- Plus any additional identified onsite support duties
- Occasional business travel may be required both Domestic and International
- GfK IT Services teams
- GSD Service Desk
- Service Desk Manager
- Business (supporting all levels)
- Proactive and clear communication
- Customer focused and driven to provide a consistent high level of support
- Relate well to people at all levels of the organization
- Speak in terms that a customer can understand and view things from the customer’s perspective
- Active listening, includes being alert and showing interest in what the customer has to say
- Share relevant information with others. Aware of different sources of information, know where to go for what
- Pursues tasks with energy, drive, and a need to finish, even in the face of resistance or setbacks
- Able to work independently with some individual responsibility
- Guides others within own area of expertise
- Identifies and improves activities within own role and takes ownership
- Knowledge of PC and laptop hardware
- Experience supporting Windows OS, Office 365
- Microsoft SCCM/Autopilot experience
- Understanding of Active Directory and Group Policy management
- A good understanding of network concepts
- General knowledge of IT system and network protocols and processes
- Understand the differences between LAN and WAN
- Knowledge of ITIL processes
- Fluent German skills are must for this onsite role.
- Knowledge of Apple OS X and iOS
- Experience working in a global support environment
Typical Education and Work Experience required
- At least 5 years experience working in an IT Support role.
- High school diploma or equivalent
We are looking for a passionate individual who takes pride in their work and is also open to mentoring/developing others in terms of best practice and modern approaches. We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together, encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit and make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!