For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
The Senior HR Business Partner provides pro-active HR support to the assigned business area across UK & also support to a small headcount in the Nordics by partnering with the business leaders in order to understand the business requirements and how these affect the people agenda.
Reporting directly into our VP HR, Northern Central & Eastern Europe based in London, the Senior HR Business Partner is the primary interface within our Client Solutions division and is in effect the face of HR to these internal client groups. The Senior HR Business Partner works collaboratively with the business to understand their agenda and to drive it forward with appropriate HR strategies and tactics. In addition, the Senior HR Business Partner is the conduit to HR centres of expertise such as; Compensation and Benefits, Recruitment and Training & Leadership Development.
- Support the embedding of the on-going GfK strategy.
- Completing the later stages of our business transformation change process in structural terms but also embedding the new working culture, especially with regard to hybrid/flexible working.
- Creating a People Plan for the client group, taking into account the global and regional HR strategy as well as the business imperatives needs, the wider HR agenda and any specific people issues that may exist.
- Pro-actively supporting line managers to deliver the above alongside any tactical interventions.
- Ensuring that core HR processes are applied pragmatically and in a legally compliant manner.
- Developing a manpower plan for the client group enabling resourcing to be managed strategically. This includes developing a strategy alongside Recruitment CoE for recruiting innovate new hires and where necessary leading on interviewing process.
- Accountable for efficient delivery of HR administration through the HR Shared Services team.
- Working with line management to ensure that reward strategy is appropriately implemented for their client group and deliver the annual reward cycle.
- Implementing a talent management processes for all employees, including succession planning and advising management on training and development.
- Handling any ER cases with due regard to legal compliance, pragmatism, cost and GfK core values.
- Taking the lead in specified areas across the HR team
- Working on individual HR projects as required.
- Strong HR knowledge and business partnering skills.
- Willingness to innovate and challenge - not just to react.
- Ability to work within a matrix organisation, supporting wider HR initiatives and collaborating with HR colleagues globally.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to use Excel, Powerpoint etc effectively.
- Strong understanding of UK employment law.
- Sound data input and interpretation skills.
- Proven track record of planning and delivering on HR strategic projects.
- Recruitment including leading interviews, input in candidate selection etc.
- Extensive knowledge of operating in a business partner model, working with local managers to create positive business outcomes.
- Proven success of delivering complex UK ER casework, multiple grievance and disciplinary experience.
- Implementation of strategic restructuring from M&A, business transformation or streamlining including redundancy consultation.
Essential Educational Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (or specific country equivalent) in HR Management or related discipline.
Based in central London with hybrid working model between office & home (max. x3 days in office p/w).
At GfK our history and core values mean mutual trust and respect are fundamental to our continued success.
We’re an ethical and honest company that’s wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential.
At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!