For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
GfK Marketing & Consumer Intelligence is looking for an enthusiastic Client Solutions Consultant (Research Manager level) – 12 month FTC - to join its team of brand and consumer specialists.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and organised researcher to become a key member of an established team with the individual benefiting from working in a close team environment. Working alongside experts and specialists in areas such as branding, segmentation and market sizing, you will be helping to drive and deliver successful and highly valued brand and consumer insights to a diverse list of clients – both UK and global – covering a wide variety of industries from telecoms, home furnishings, automotive and media.
The role requires the individual to support on on-going large-scale tracking programs as well as bespoke/adhoc studies, in addition to the opportunity to help support future prospects and new business opportunities. This is a high-profile role with the potential for significant client contact on at least one of our major accounts, with the individual working with the team to help deliver reporting and build story led presentations that provide strong consultancy.
- Relevant research experience (in a previous agency or client side role) is essential
- Working knowledge across a range of methodologies is preferred
- Strong IT skills, especially with Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience with data analysis packages (SPSS, IBM Survey Reporter or similar)
- Experience of delivering research projects from commission to the delivery of insight
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to connect with clients and build relationships and becoming key point of contact for them
- Ability to analyse data and create reports that are easy to understand and actionable
- Attending and presenting debriefs and reports to end-clients
- Passion for brands and communications
- Analysis skills – delivering insight and recommendations
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage expectations
- Ability to manage projects
- Ability to connect with clients and build relationships
- Be organised and flexible - The ability to plan and adjust plans to achieve changing goals is key
- Must enjoy and have a passion for ‘digging’ through data sets to find the real story and themes that are worthy of further investigation
Typical education and work experience:
Graduate with at least 2 years relevant market research experience
This is a Fixed Term Contract for 12months covering a colleagues Maternity Leave
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!