United States of America
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
The Procurement Category Specialists responsible supporting regional category managers in supply development activities, sourcing projects, specification definition and demand management. This role will also arrange sourcing projects, specification and monitor supplier performances and innovation activities.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Support an analysis of supply market and understanding products/services being purchased within category, understanding internal demand/specification and external best practices
- Identify and analyze strategic sourcing options under the guidance of the Regional Category Manager
- Run/support vendor process, including seeking approvals from Regional Category Manager and Regional Procurement & Facilities Head and other internal stakeholders, as required
- Monitor supplier performance (i.e. contract KPI’s, price)
How you will make an impact:
- Create negotiation plan and support Regional Category Manager with supplier negotiations
- Conduct supplier compliance reviews (i.e. use of supplier within sites, payment terms in system)
- Maintain contract compliance (i.e. restricted party screening, financial checks, conflict of interest checks, forced labor, embargoed countries, etc.)
- Support local sites with compliance to Regional and/or Global contracts, including communication
Ideally, you will bring the following:
- 5+ years work experience in a regional or global procurement role with a focus on relevant categories
- Educated to degree level in technical/Business Administration or related subjects or relevant work experience
- Experience in demand management, sourcing, and negotiations
- Proactive, target oriented and assertive personality with strong presentation skills
- Ability to negotiate legal and commercial contracts
- Understanding of key sourcing processes and tools as well as contractual and legal aspects
- Strong preference for Professional Procurement Qualifications
What we offer:
- 401K Match
- Medical/ Vision/ Dental Insurance
- Work life balance- Hybrid or Remote schedule
- Tuition Assistance – up to $5,250.00 yearly
- 11 paid corporate Holidays
- Life / Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Supplier Discounts/ Plum Benefits partnership
At GFK we value diversity, equity, and inclusion. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!