For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
GfK Retail and Technology is the world's leading market researcher for tracking Point-of-Sale (PoS) data in technical consumer goods and entertainment media markets. GfK receives data from retailers and resellers in more than 80 countries worldwide. The GfK data platform, StarTrack, compiles this data and provides retailers, manufacturers and industry leaders with comparable information at both country and international levels.
An exciting and unique opportunity has arisen within GfK for a fresh minded and highly skilled Onsite Data & Insight Consultant. Along with offering a dynamic and agile working environment, GfK is a global market research agency with a reach spanning 100 countries, providing many opportunities for further career development.
The Onsite Data & Insight Consultant will be working independently but directly in the European Office of one of the world’s largest Consumer Electronics manufacturers and will work exclusively for this client as a representative of GfK Retail and Technology UK Ltd. Utilising their passion for data and data visualisation, the successful postholder will be responsible for extracting, sharing and managing GfK‘s data to provide client stakeholders with key market insights. You will also assist in maximizing GfK data usage on the client side and thus drive new business development opportunities for GfK. This is an exciting opportunity to gain experience working in an international best-in-class marketing environment as well as the chance to gain direct marketing expertise in the Consumer Electronics industry.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
You will be working alongside the GfK Key Account Director (KAD), in servicing the Client‘s teams, responsible for providing the client's European head office with the following:
- Building, automating and constantly improving robust and intuitive market research reports, both regular and ad hoc, based predominantly on GfK PoS data;
- Managing the dispatch and upload processes for the client’s portfolio. Proactively monitoring data release schedule and updating stakeholders on any issues;
- Responding to data queries in a professional manner and providing timely feedback within agreed service levels;
- Using defined processes to complete quality checks on data, and investigate anomalies;
- Providing client training sessions on GfK’s various data extracting systems and dashboards, as well as PoS methodological questions;
- Working alongside different client departments to investigate data queries, understand data needs, and provide feedback on technology and processes;
- Recording and logging requests and issues raised by the client within our CRM system
- Reviewing usage within regional and local client teams and providing regular feedback to the KAD;
- Working closely with the KAD to ensure client satisfaction remains high.
Experience, skills and competencies
- Experience in providing outstanding customer service;
- Advanced XLS and PPT skills with an emphasis on data visualisation - being comfortable in creating and maintaining charts is essential;
- Good knowledge of PoS data tracking, scope of service, methodologies and tools;
- Excellent analytical skills with regards to PoS tracking data;
- Expertise in data reporting tools, as well as a willingness to develop new skillsets with other tools;
- Awareness of wider GfK products and services;
- Clear and concise communication, both verbally and in writing;
- Fluency in English is a must (both spoken and written);
- Excellent attention to detail and an analytical approach;
- Excellent listening skills to understand needs of client stakeholders;
- An organised and methodological approach to tasks with ability to prioritize and multi-task;
- The ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines;
- Comfortable working independently after handover from previous manager;
- Experience in working within a multi-cultural environment.
Desirable, but not essential
- Knowledge of the Consumer Electronics industry;
- Interest in technology and new products.
Our client’s premises are currently located within easy reach of Chertsey, Surrey. The successful postholder would be expected to be on site at the client’s office up to 3 days a week, once all Covid restrictions are removed. The remaining days can be split between WFH and the GfK Woking Office.
At GfK our history and core values mean mutual trust and respect are fundamental to our continued success. We’re an ethical and honest company that’s wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are commited to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!