For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
In today’s ever-changing environment, decisions are more difficult than ever before. The increasingly competitive and disruptive business environment companies are facing, alongside with the necessity of rapid decision-making, elevates the need for smart integrated insights accompanied by consultative approaches. We continue to build on GfK’s longstanding heritage to turn knowledge into the engine of sustainable business growth.
We are currently seeking a Key Account Manager/Client Business Partner (FMCG, Finance, Energy) who will be a part of the German Industry Sales Team and the link between GfK and our Clients. The role is to be a trusted adviser to our customers, matching innovative and digital GfK solutions to their key business questions. This encompasses business growth targets for both new and existing clients and overall responsibility for driving revenue growth of the assigned Industries.
Candidates will need to have 2+ years of market research experience ideally accompanied by skills in business development and sales. They will also have strong interpersonal skills and use these to dive deep into the client business, truly understanding the challenges and questions. They live and breathe clients and are able to demonstrate the value of GfK solutions, thus driving engagement and growing the business.
As Key Account Manager/ Client Business Partner (m/f/d) for Germany you will have following key accountabilities:
- Lead defined list of accounts on behalf of GfK
- Manage overall client relationship with GfK, liaising with internal departments to provide a client centric experience
- Understand client strategies, structures and key business questions
- Develop new and existing (senior level) relationships with customers to achieve sales growth
- Understand and ‘sell’ the value of GfK’s proposition, especially in Ad-hoc research area
- Lead contract negotiations both for new sales and renewals
- Grow the revenue base from your accounts, ensuring targets are met or exceeded
- Work cross-functionally with Client Solution Group colleagues to meet and exceed client expectations and work out new opportunities
- Build and maintain an accurate pipeline within the CRM tool (Salesforce)
Now that we've introduced you to the position as Key Account Manager (m/f/d) Sales for what skills, qualifications and experience should you have?
- Masters or Bachelor degree
- Minimum 2 years work experience in market research
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of market research methods
- Experience in sales or consultancy role would be very welcomed but is not necessary
- Client oriented attitude
- Ability to build and maintain long-term customer relationships
- Able to “actively listen” to clients, identify business opportunities and understand how to commercialize them
- Strong pitch and proposal writing skills
- Willingness to go the extra mile
- Passion, energy and drive, enthusiasm to learn and develop
- Able to work autonomously and establish own priorities and objectives
- Comfortable working across teams, bringing together people from different areas of the business
- Software skills / MS Office, especially PowerPoint
All employees within GfK are expected to promote the image of the company. This will be done in part, by adopting a professional appearance and maintaining an efficient and effective working environment. It is expected that employees adhere to any specific deadlines set in respect of Company issues relating to professional servicing (internal and external) and objectives. The detail and scope of this job description may be altered to take account of changing company needs.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!