For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Sales within GfK, ‘owns’ the client relationship – encompassing prospecting, negotiation, ensuring effective and timely delivery through the product teams and renegotiation of contracts. Our Clients will see their Sales representative as their principle contact with GfK and as a result, Sales personnel need an impressive array of skills & abilities to ensure that a Client centric relationship is established whilst protecting GfK’s interests. Principally this is a commercial role, where sales targets and the renewal of existing contracts will comprise the majority of the workload. To be successful, Sales colleagues need to be able to translate client requirements, and needs, to GfK’s products and services; where products are not available the sales colleague needs to articulate the client’s needs to the product teams for evaluation. This role sits at the heart of GfK’s product offering and therefore the ability to work closely, principally, with Client Solutions as well as other GfK departments, will determine overall success. The sales colleague will need to be able to work across a client’s organisation structure to ensure all opportunities are being uncovered.
As part of the Retail UK team, the role brings together retail market knowledge and account management to enable a strong partnership with our retail clients. Reporting to our Director of UK Retail, the Key Account Manager - Retail UK will have a client-centric focus and strong partnering skills and use these abilities to truly understand client’s businesses and their challenges. The successful postholder will be able to drive engagement through actionable insight and innovative solutions whilst enabling renewal revenue and upselling of additional add-on services.
• Highlight potential and win new business opportunities for GfK
• Client negotiations both for new sales and renewals
• Continuous upselling of add-on services (dashboards, countries/regions, frequency etc.)
• Client pitches – utilizing wider GfK expertise as and when required
• Develop, sustain and grow GfK’s presence with client base
• Manage overall client relationship with GfK, liaising with internal departments to provide a client centric experience.
• Build go-to-market account plans in conjunction with the Head of Retail.
• Consult with clients about how to leverage the power of GfK’s insights to best support their business
• Ensure maximum communication with the other internal GfK departments. Build relationships that will support the growth needed for GfK’s insights.
• Meeting or exceeding assigned half-yearly sales targets.
Skills & Experience required
Client / Industry
• Deep understanding of client’s organisation
• Ability to network GfK’s services and products to match client’s business requirements
• Ability to work with other GfK product experts to provide truly outstanding client analysis
• Build effective relationships with client’s support functions (procurement, legal, etc.)
• Ability to highlight client issues and convert to opportunities for the Sales team
• Ability to build lasting client relationships
• Ability to hunt-out and quantify market opportunities
• Understand and ‘sell’ the value of GfK’s proposition
• CRM (Salesforce) Management
• Liaison with GfK stakeholders for current and developing opportunities
• White spot analysis
• Invoicing and payment status
• Develop offer and negotiation strategy and tactics
• Understand GfK’s discount structure and how to construct winning offers
• Storytelling ability and presentation skills
• Sales skills (Sandler or equivalent)
• Negotiation skills (GAP or equivalent)
• Contract execution – from client signature to internal processes
Project Management (basic)
• Offer/negotiation as a project
• Script/Storyline for team offers and negotiations
• Implementation and follow through
Self / Personality
• Communication / interaction skills / authority
• English (key note / excellent orator)
• Client oriented attitude / willingness to go the extra mile
• Intercultural competencies and sensitivity
• Warmth / empathy / ability to build sustainable relationships
• Eagerness to expand within client organization
• Software skills / MS Office
• "Active listening" skills
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!