For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Purpose of the Role
GfK’s aim is to provide its clients with a high-quality service and GfK holds itself to high methodological and security standards. To support this GfK Media Measurement (MM) developed and implemented global guidelines for data quality and for the safeguarding of operations and monitoring tools to track the respective performance.
- The Quality Guidelines provide a framework for what is considered a high-quality audience measurement operation and how this can be achieved.
- The Safeguarding Guideline is to protect our MM currency operations against leakage of highly confidential information and against potential fraud.
Both types of guidelines will continuously be reviewed and updated and extended in scope, e.g. to cover further media categories and/or applied methodologies and processes. Within this framework, the main purpose of the role is:
- Data analytics to check, to make transparent and to protect and improve the quality of GfK MM operations globally
- Develop independently suitable dashboards to visualize relevant quality topics globally (across local operations)
- Monitor quality related performance of local operations, based on a reporting platform of a selected set of KPIs. Maintain and improve this platform.
- Develop further the existing Global MM Quality & Safeguarding framework (tools, methods, tests, guidelines with an emphasis on data analytics)
- Maintain and operate the global MM Quality KPI platform (dashboard)
- Further development of the global MM Quality KPI platform
- Prepare and analyze a wide variety of MM data to detect and understand quality related matters therein, including the application of new approaches
- Liaise with and give guidance to the network of local MM quality and operations responsibles.
- Support in applying MM best practices in accordance with the global framework as defined by the named guidelines
- Ensure in close collaboration with the GfK Internal Audit team the compliance of the Media Measurement operations with the defined quality standards
- Support the global MM commercial team in terms of Quality & Safeguarding
- Responsible managers for Global MM Operations, Global MM Product Management, Global MM Tech&Data, and Internal Audit.
- Responsible managers for local operations and / or quality
Technical skills required
- Significant experience in working with data and in applying tools such as SQL Server, MySQL, Tableau, R, Python, etc.
- Very good understanding of how to measure media consumption
- Advanced analytical skills
- Experience with Tableau or other common BI-tools
- High level of numeracy and accuracy
- Understanding of how to measure media consumption and technological knowledge of the systems, processes & workflows within MM (TAM, RAM or DAM) or equivalent are an absolute plus
- Knowledge of the python packages pandas, numpy, matplotlib, seaborn is a plus
- Makes good quality decisions
- Possesses and applies required functional/technical skills
- Can deal with ambiguity
- Builds productive relationships
- Shows intercultural sensitivity
- Motivates and inspires others
- Works out processes to get things done
- Monitors processes, progress and results
- Acts with integrity
- Sees behind the curtain
Typical Education and Work Experience required
- Degree in information technology or statistics or social sciences or comparable education and experience in statistical methodologies and data analysis
- Strong understanding of technology-driven solutions in market research and how research methodologies and processes impact results
- Proven experience and excellence in data handling and data analysis
- 5 or more years of experience within Market research or Media
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Experience in working in a global environment, preferably in managing tasks in virtual teams
- Very good English writing and oral skills
We are aware that above list provides a wide range of tasks and skills and we
dont´t expect you to tick every box. we are open to togehter identify potential knowledge gaps and provide an environment for on the job learning and formal training
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!