For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
The GfK Neo Forecasting team seeks an individual with strong technical and communication skills to join our team. We develop sophisticated forecasting algorithms that involve learning from large amounts of data, such as historic sales, prices, promotions, sales of similar products,product’s attributes and external factors in order to forecast the sales of products by GfK customers in over 90 countries worldwide.
These forecasts are used by GfK customers to drive Sales & Operations Planning, promotions, pricing and launch of new products. Forecasting is at the core of the GfK’s state-of-the-art platform gfknewron Predict – an AI-powered market, brand and consumer intelligence and recommendations platfom that drives GfK customers profits, oprimizes processes and drive down supply chain costs.
The Global Data Science team in the GfK Technology & Data is an international team based across Nuremberg, London, and Warsaw. Our Data Scientists work in applied research and cross-functional teams that include product experts, machine learning engineers, data analysts, software engineers, SREs, and front-end developers.
We are using various technologies and apply state-of-the-art science and machine learning techniques to provide data-driven intelligent solutions for our clients. The Data Science team actively encourages the personal growth of its members by offering continuous learning opportunities.
Major responsibilities include:
- Translating Forecasting business questions and concerns into specific analytical questions that can be answered with available using statistical and machine learning methods
- Design, develop, evaluate and test and deploy state-of-the-art forecasting models using statistical, econometrics and machine learning tools
- Presenting findings in a format that is immediately useful to answer questions about the inputs and outputs of Demand Forecasting systems and improving their performance
- Testing enhancements, running computational experiments, and fine-tuning parameters for new forecasting models
- Supporting decision making by providing requirements to develop analytic capabilities, platforms, pipelines and metrics then using them to analyze trends and find root causes of forecast inaccuracy
- Formalizing assumptions about how demand forecasts are expected to behave, creating definitions of outliers, developing methods to systematically identify these outliers, and explaining why they are reasonable or identifying fixes for them
- Utilizing code (Python) for analyzing and building statistical and machine learning models and algorithms
· Study and convert data science prototypes to production quality ML Solution
· Implement machine learning solutions at a large scale in cloud-based environments
- Master or Bachelor degree in relevant subjects (e.g. computer science/math/physics/statistics)
- Multivariate time series modelling
- Experience in machine learning software development and architectures for machine learning
- Solid skills in Python and the respective Machine Learning ecosystem
- Good to have experience in Machine learning frameworks such as MLflow
- Expert statistical modeling skills (e.g, predictive models)
- Solid knowledge of optimization and / or machine learning algorithms and / or deep learning algoritms
- Basic knowledge of cloud computing environments and tooling (Google Cloud)
- Basic skills in open source software (e.g., Anaconda, GitHub,…)
- Ability to think creatively in addressing analytical objectives
- Typically 2+ years of work experience
- Strong communication skills in English (written and verbal)
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!