United States of America
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
The Commercial Account Director, GfK Consumer Life is responsible for ambassadorship and business development for the suite of GfK Consumer Life products and services. In this role, you will own the new client relationship; this encompasses prospecting, negotiation, ensuring effective and timely delivery through the service teams and renegotiation of contracts.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Build and maintain strong client relationships, inspiring confidence in our clients
- Consult with clients about how to leverage the power of GfK’s insights to best support their business.
- Manage overall new client relationships with GfK, working with internal departments to provide a client centric experience.
- Demonstrate excellent strategic skills in reviewing and supporting thought leadership for syndicated reports, projects, and marketing initiatives.
How you will make an impact:
- You will identify, prospecting and developing business opportunities with new and existing clients for GfK Consumer Life and its product portfolio
- Provide strategic guidance and thought leadership in related industries especially as pertains to market segments and emerging trends.
- Represent GfK at related industry events, including speaking engagements at conferences and networking events, as well as publications and press releases.
- Conduct client negotiations for new sales
- Win business and building meaningful client relationships.
Ideally, you will bring the following:
- At least 10 years of high-level account management experience and 5+ years of significant sales management experience working within a global organization.
- Deep understanding of client markets, including industry issues, trends and direction, and a mastery of competitive profiling and positioning.
- Must have excellent communication, presentation and persuasion skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business, psychology, or sciences, or equivalent experience.
What we offer:
- 401K Match
- Medical/ Vision/ Dental Insurance
- Work life balance- Hybrid or Remote schedule
- Tuition Assistance – up to $5,250.00 yearly
- 11 paid corporate Holidays
- Life / Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Supplier Discounts/ Plum Benefits partnership
At GFK we value diversity, equity, and inclusion. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!