United States of America
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
The Research Associate/Analyst works on a growing international team conducting research on publicly traded companies derived from GfK’s proprietary data assets. We are looking for an energetic and motivated individual seeking to develop their critical thinking skills to serve the audience in the institutional investment space.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Mine through GfK’s proprietary global POS database using SQL, Power Pivot and Power BI
- Compare the signals coming from our data with other external data points, such as company reports, news stories, etc.
- Travel as necessary to represent GfK Boutique at industry and GfK events.
How you will make an impact:
- Contribute to impactful written analysis and ensure custom data cuts are delivered to clients.
- Effectively communicate GfK’s unique research messages to investment clients.
- Support lead analysts covering multiple companies with research and forecasts.
- Convey our messages to investor clients as clearly and concisely as possible.
Ideally, you will bring the following:
- 2-4 years of work experience as an analyst, with at least one year of experience in a client facing role
- Exceptional analytical skills and an appetite for knowledge. Industry specific knowledge is desirable, but not essential
- High proficiency of Microsoft excel (Power Pivot, Macros, Formulas) is a must.
- Minimum basic knowledge of SQL required.
- Knowledge of R or Python is a plus.
- The ability to visualize data trends and conclusions in excel.
What we offer:
- 401K Match
- Medical/ Vision/ Dental Insurance
- Work life balance- Hybrid or Remote schedule
- Tuition Assistance – up to $5,250.00 yearly
- 11 paid corporate Holidays
- Life / Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Supplier Discounts/ Plum Benefits partnership
At GFK we value diversity, equity, and inclusion. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!