“With the ever-increasing amount of data sources, new technology and other advances, our worlds are changing dramatically. Do the new possibilities excite you? At the same time, are you suffering from “data overload anxiety"? Are you constantly pushing to get the most out of your research in a changing environment?”
On Thursday, October 8, GfK hosted a client breakfast on the top floor of the lovely Le Parker Meridien Hotel in midtown Manhattan. Over 60 clients attended and engaged in a lively and practical discussion of what’s next in consumer insights. The event began with breakfast and networking and was followed by a panel discussion moderated by Holly Jarrell (Chief Client Services Officer, GfK Consumer Experiences North America).
The panelists included:
• Barry Blyn | VP of Consumer Insights, ESPN
• Deb Campbell | VP of Consumer Insights, Verizon
• Christine Heye | Director of Market Research, Consumer Insights & Analytics, Aetna
• Laurie Krause | Senior Director of Consumer Insights, Best Buy
• Surya Menon | Director of Market Insights, Abbott Nutrition
• Jed Meyer | Global Director of Research & analytics, Annalect
• Matt Valenti | VP of Guest Experience Intelligence, Starwood
After the panel, small-group discussions were held at tables throughout the room, with GfK staffers moderating the conversation at each and taking notes to capture the dialogue.
Watch the panel discussion. Below are the time stamps for the different sections of the video.
05:25 - What is your vision for your organization? On a scale from 1-10, how far are you from achieving it?
29:37 - Integration, activation, socialization: What has been most successful?
34:07 - What is your perspective on speed vs. quality?
41:49 - How are the roles of your internal clients changing? What skill sets and talent are you seeking?
1:05:00 - Would you have pushed your rating higher or lower after hearing today's discussion?