We show the world what people want.
Join GfK and help us shape tomorrow. As an NIQ company, we are the world's leading consumer intelligence firm, delivering the Full View™ on consumer behavior. We work to enable manufacturers and retailers better understand what consumers really want. Our name has inspired trust for over 89 years because we take pride in discovering new pathways to sustainable growth for our clients, our people, and our planet.
We are always looking for open-minded people who will grow with us, push boundaries, and pioneer disruptive methods in market research, data science, technology, and AI. If you share this passion to drive things forward and the integrity to insist on doing things the right way, we'll equip you to take your future into your own hands and play a leading role in our story.
GfK Etilize is the largest product data provider in the world. We have been providing clients from around the world with mission-critical product data and solutions for retailers, distributors and manufacturers to power their eCommerce efforts. Our team brings decades of eCommerce experience, and we truly are passionate about product content and optimizing it for our clients. We provide standardized product data feeds for more than 20 million products worldwide.
We are building a next-generation PIM System which defines how we acquire, aggregate, normalize and syndication a huge amount of data to different targets using state-of-the-art technologies. This is a great opportunity for seasoned Java developers & architects to become part of a great product development team and grow their careers by working on cutting-edge technologies and solve problems involving a huge amount of data, high availability and scalability in a distributed environment.
As a very experienced Java developer/programmer, you may require to own certain parts of the products, manage small or bigger teams, contribute to design and oversee implementation. You must be a passionate software engineer who models the world, think in terms of design patterns and object-oriented design, functional programming, test-driven development are your second nature. You are used to working in agile teams delivering small, incremental improvements through continuous delivery pipelines. You are proud of the quality, security and robustness of the code you write, and because you write your code with an in-depth understanding of the execution environment these qualities translate to the systems you implement as well.
As an experienced Software Engineer you will have the following key responsibilities:
- Provide solutions to problems across your functional areas
- Own features and drive them to delivery end to end
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code (mostly in java)
- Develop and debug high-volume, low-latency, high-performance applications which are highly available
- Develop APIs via object-oriented design using agile methodology e.g. Scrum etc.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Work in TypeScript, NodeJS
- Work with a mentor to learn and demonstrate constant progress towards the next level of the career ladder
As an experienced Software Engineer, what skills, qualifications and experience do you need?
- Bachelor or higher degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of commercial software development experience
- Expert knowledge of Java Platform and related technologies
- Adept experience working with static code analysis and linting tools
- Comprehensive automated testing experience
- Experience with containerization with Docker etc
- Knowledge of CI/CD processes
- Very good knowledge of Git
- Experience with NoSQL databases like ElasticSearch or MongoDB
- Good understanding of web technologies.
- Ability to work in TypeScript, NodeJS
- Ability to work independently and must be self-driven.
- Must be passionate for quality and has a keen eye for designs and aesthetics
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
A list of tools & technologies we often work with (the list goes on):
Tools & Technologies:
- Spring Framework
- Distributed micro services
- Docker & Kubernetes
- Git Working knowledge
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal employment opportunity, focusing on all of our employees reaching their full potential.
We respect and value every employee regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, personality, experience, culture, faith, socio-economic status, or physical or mental disabilities.
We endorse the core principles and rights set forth in the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights and the Social Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union, promoting the universal values of human dignity, freedom, equality, and solidarity.
Learn more about how we are driving diversity and inclusion in everything we do on: https://www.gfk.com/about-gfk/diversity-and-inclusion
At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit and make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!