We show the world what people want.
Join GfK and help us shape tomorrow. As an NIQ company, we are the world's leading consumer intelligence firm, delivering the Full View™ on consumer behavior. We work to enable manufacturers and retailers better understand what consumers really want. Our name has inspired trust for over 89 years because we take pride in discovering new pathways to sustainable growth for our clients, our people, and our planet.
We are always looking for open-minded people who will grow with us, push boundaries, and pioneer disruptive methods in market research, data science, technology, and AI. If you share this passion to drive things forward and the integrity to insist on doing things the right way, we'll equip you to take your future into your own hands and play a leading role in our story.
The Site Reliability Engineer is mid level position on the Site Reliability Engineer Career Path. An SRE works as part of an agile development team but their focus is building and operating the infrastructure on which the applications runs.
Building infrastructure: Use configuration management tools such as Puppet or Ansible to install and configure services and applications. Also Document what has been built so that it is supportable.
Operations: Ensure that critical data is backed up. Configure the monitoring systems for fine grained metrics and actionable alerting.
Security: Ensure data is encrypted.
Infrastructure Architecture: High availability
Support: Provide reports and application support to all the users and customers.
- Experience of developing, managing, and debugging high-volume, low-latency, high performance applications which are highly available.
- Experience in the deployment of APIs, object-oriented design, agile development e.g. Scrum etc.
- Experience designing and developing unit, component and functional tests and test infrastructure.
- Ability to contribute in all phases of the product lifecycle.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently and must be self-driven.
- Contribute to software life cycle strategies.
- Regularly attending team meetings to discuss projects, brainstorm ideas, and put forward solutions to any issues.
- The Site Reliability Engineer is expected to autonomously, as such for their key accountability.
- Distributed micro services
- Kafka / Confluent
- Docker & Kubernetes
- Git Working knowledge
System administration, security and networking
- The Site Reliability Engineer is expected to have a good understanding of system administration (Linux or Windows) and networking.
- Essential cli commands
- Operation of Running Systems
- User and Group Management
- Knowledge of networking concepts (DNS, TCP/IP, and Firewalls)
- Service Configuration
- Storage Management
- Experience understanding virtualization technology.
- Good grasp of fundamental Security concepts
Automation and deployment technologies
- Good understanding of "infrastructure as code" principles.
- Knowledge of a scripting language such Bash, PowerShell etc.
- Ability to configure infrastructure using a Configuration Management technology such Puppet, Chef or Ansible.
- Be able to create a build and deployment pipeline using an automation server such as Jenkins or Bamboo.
- Proficiency in a high-level programming language such as Python, Ruby, Go or Java.
- Understanding of container technologies such as Docker.
- Some experience with container orchestration technologies such as ECS or Kubernetes would be beneficial.
- Use Terraform to deploy cloud infrastructure.
- Understanding of how to design available, cost-efficient, fault-tolerant, and scalable distributed systems on AWS or GCP.
- Understanding of compute, networking, storage, and database cloud services
- Ability to identify and define technical requirements for an cloud-based application.
- Ability to identify which AWS or GCP services meet a given technical requirement.
- Knowledge of recommended best practices for building secure and reliable applications a public cloud platform.
- An understanding of the basic architectural principles of building on the public cloud.
- An understanding of network technologies as they relate to the public cloud.
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal employment opportunity, focusing on all of our employees reaching their full potential.
We respect and value every employee regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, personality, experience, culture, faith, socio-economic status, or physical or mental disabilities.
We endorse the core principles and rights set forth in the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights and the Social Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union, promoting the universal values of human dignity, freedom, equality, and solidarity.
Learn more about how we are driving diversity and inclusion in everything we do on: https://www.gfk.com/about-gfk/diversity-and-inclusion
At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
Don't meet every single requirement? Some people are less likely to apply unless they meet all the requirements listed in a job specification. GfK is looking for self-starters to join our innovative team keen to take on a new challenge. So, if you're excited about this role but your skills and experience don't align perfectly with every requirement we've listed, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.