We show the world what people want.
Join GfK and help us shape tomorrow. As an NIQ company, we are the world's leading consumer intelligence firm, delivering the Full View™ on consumer behavior. We work to enable manufacturers and retailers better understand what consumers really want. Our name has inspired trust for over 89 years because we take pride in discovering new pathways to sustainable growth for our clients, our people, and our planet.
We are always looking for open-minded people who will grow with us, push boundaries, and pioneer disruptive methods in market research, data science, technology, and AI. If you share this passion to drive things forward and the integrity to insist on doing things the right way, we'll equip you to take your future into your own hands and play a leading role in our story.
As a Retail Manager, you will take the responsibility of the retail team. With your collaborators, you will drive the overall retail collaboration from sales, renewals, and cooperation agreements with retailers in your scope.
You will secure our collaboration, improve our partnerships, recruit new partners, and drive a sustainable sales pipeline developing new revenue opportunities.
You will lead a team of associates to support and coach for reaching targets and enhancing their employee experience.
- Secure the retailers cooperation continuity improving the conditions of existing cooperation agreements with current retailer partners
- Ensure all data partnerships are correctly managed within the Partnership Program framework
- Ensure the Best-in-Class servicing through your own team and in collaboration with the customer services using our different platforms in priority.
- Sourcing for strategic new retailers, enhancing features & inputs from existing ones (incl promo data)
- Drive sales, cooperation renewals and overall growth of existing retailers securing sustainable and long term pipeline, revenue opportunities ensuring an accurate forecasting; maintain C-suite customer relationships
- Increase penetration of the NIQ/GFK solution portfolio and seek strategic alliances leveraging partnerships with third parties (e.g. for Pricing, Assortment, Loyalty, OSA, Business Intelligence, Newron and Collaborative programs) to create strong dependency of retailers on our capabilities and information.
- Develop a strategic understanding of our retailer’s industry/business/markets/clusters
- Partner with Customer Success and other relevant functions (Operations, Product leadership,…) to define strategic Account Plans and JBPs and remove roadblocks
- Drive strategic action plan to tackle Voice of the Customer feedback
- Lead and inspire sales and servicing team, enhancing their skills and improving their experience.
- Ensure proactive alignment of NIQ and GfK values proposition to customers' needs and trends
- Communicate clearly, thus ensuring team activities are always focused and relevant
- Implement Global and Regional strategy and organization; be able to drive change
Throughout your tenure, you will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Relationship Building: Develop effective long-term professional interactions with customers based on trust working toward the best interest of those involved providing positive results.
- Active listening: Enhance mutual understanding in communicating with customers by expressing genuine interest in, and providing full attention to, the content and meaning of customers’ messages
- Information seeking: Curiosity and desire to know more about things, people, or issues. This involves going beyond routine questions and includes digging or pressing for exact information; resolving discrepancies by asking in-depth questions; or conducting less-focused environmental scanning for opportunities or miscellaneous information that may be used in the future
- Influence and persuasion: Persuading, convincing, influencing, or impressing others in order to get them to support a specific agenda, make a specific type of impression, or take a specific course of action.
- Inspirational Ambassador: Translate our company vision to others. Inspire and communicate with transparency. Be and ambassador for the retail strategy.
- Negotiation: Identify key bargaining points for all parties and work effectively toward win-win solutions
- Composure and resiliency: Effectively deal with pressure, maintain focus and intensity, and remain optimistic and persistent, even under adversity. Have the ability and propensity to recover quickly from setbacks, rejections, and conflicts and to maintain self-control in the face of hostility or provocation.
- Organizational Savvy: Gather and accurately assess information related to the organization’s formal and informal communication channels and power relationships
- Business Acumen: Makes sound business decisions based on a strong understanding of the company’s business model, strategic goals, and relevant policies, as well as best practices and current technologies in their own discipline or functional area.
You are a high-performing deal maker with a growth mindset of revenue targets. You know how to build and promote strong long-lasting client relationships. A proven leader, you motivate your teams to work with passion on sales opportunities and client retention. You’re energized by accelerating sales, uncovering opportunities, and exceeding targets while bringing the best out of your team. A deep understanding of the retail landscape, our products, and our processes is at the forefront of your mind. You know that collaboration amongst teams and active listening of clients is critical to meet goals and grow. You strengthen our relationship with customers and unlock opportunities for growth and better partnerships.
Understanding our customers and their contexts, effective negotiation and growth mindset drive your work.
We are looking for people with:
- Min. 10+, typically 15+ years of related experience of which 7+ leading a team
- Solid sales skills and developed sales expertise in target scope
- Solid understanding of data analytics industry, business model, products, services and solutions.
- Solid understanding of retail and markets trends and its interdependencies impacting customers
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal employment opportunity, focusing on all of our employees reaching their full potential.
We respect and value every employee regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, personality, experience, culture, faith, socio-economic status, or physical or mental disabilities.
We endorse the core principles and rights set forth in the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights and the Social Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union, promoting the universal values of human dignity, freedom, equality, and solidarity.
Learn more about how we are driving diversity and inclusion in everything we do on: https://www.gfk.com/about-gfk/diversity-and-inclusion
At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit and make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!