We show the world what people want.
Join GfK and help us shape tomorrow. As an NIQ company, we are the world's leading consumer intelligence firm, delivering the Full View™ on consumer behavior. We work to enable manufacturers and retailers better understand what consumers really want. Our name has inspired trust for over 89 years because we take pride in discovering new pathways to sustainable growth for our clients, our people, and our planet.
We are always looking for open-minded people who will grow with us, push boundaries, and pioneer disruptive methods in market research, data science, technology, and AI. If you share this passion to drive things forward and the integrity to insist on doing things the right way, we'll equip you to take your future into your own hands and play a leading role in our story.
For almost 90 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, ROI, brands and media.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and will support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future, as we continue our evolution from Market Research provider to SaaS data solutions and consulting partner. We value extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
GfK is driving a creative, motivated and focused sales culture through its global restructure. The purpose is simple – achievement of sustained growth over the next 1-5 years.
The New Business Sales Account Manager role is a high-profile target carrying position within the successful and growing National Sales team. You will sell the complete suite of GfK products & services to both current customers & new prospects across a variety of industries.
The National Sales team are focused on outbound activity but are also responsible for qualifying and developing all inbound enquiries. This is a "get-the-job-done" team. We love our jobs and embrace the responsibility which we have. We have fun doing what we do, have great team spirit and lead one another forwards as a tight, able and motivated team.
As the successful candidate, you will be focused, determined and able to operate under your own initiative whilst representing GfK's brand and ideals across the client & prospect base. You can cut through the noise and identify and close sales opportunities.
Able to engage with your are essential skills. You will be have able negotiate and have the commitment associated with being a sales professional.
- Identify cross-sell & upsell opportunities within your customer portfolio
- Target prospects & manage inbound leads developing new business opportunities
- Work with the Head of National Sales to accomplish your sales plan
- Attend off site meetings with clients/ prospects to develop relationships & win new business
- Collaborate with the Client Solutions (product) teams to establish and deliver excellent client understanding and spot revenue generating opportunities
- Work with the Client Success Director to ensure revenue retention and maximum lead generation within existing clients
- Maintain sales account planning
- Maintain your sales pipeline with team processes
- Accurate forecasting
- Use the CRM system as a tool to guide best practice activity and behaviour
- Experience with selling through a client centric approach
- Ability to create and close new business opportunities
- Able to build relationships internally and externally
- Be value focused rather than price/ product focused (Being a SPIN (or alternative) practitioner would be a distinct advantage
- Able to act on their own initiative and overcome barriers
- Enthusiasm to learn and develop innovative ideas
- Focused to achieve the client's requirements
- Being a SPIN practitioner would be a distinct advantage
- Experience with how to open dialogue with questions that allow you to discover needs
- Energetic and focused to success
- Microsoft literate
- Salesforce experience desired, but not essential
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal employment opportunity, focusing on all of our employees reaching their full potential.
We respect and value every employee regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, personality, experience, culture, faith, socio-economic status, or physical or mental disabilities.
We endorse the core principles and rights set forth in the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights and the Social Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union, promoting the universal values of human dignity, freedom, equality, and solidarity.
Learn more about how we are driving diversity and inclusion in everything we do on: https://www.gfk.com/about-gfk/diversity-and-inclusion
At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit and make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!
GfK UK has committed to a net zero carbon emissions policy by 2026.