For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Purpose of the Role (Mission)
- Conduct and attend regular Data Quality Reviews for different GfK projects
- Work on sensitive compliance projects as a trusted partner
- Actively share Marketing and Data Science and Data quality knowledge within whole GfK network
- Create and improve methods and tools, and contribute to best practices in the area of Data Quality Sciences
- Present GfK’s Data Quality Sciences expertise at conferences and workshops
Key Activities (Responsibilities)
- Contribute to Data Quality projects by running complex statistical models, interpreting and presenting results to internal and external clients
- Develop and program scalable statistical functions in Python to analyze the quality of data
- Consult external and internal clients on statistical/ methodological and data quality issues
- Support Data Quality Reviews by conducting interviews with international project teams, critically evaluate the quality of project processes, run data analyses and put the results together in comprehensive reports.
- Foster Data Quality Sciences related knowledge exchange within GfK
- Contribute to Global Knowledge/Skills sharing, training, events, gNet, Confluence presence
- Global Quality Assurance team of Global Operations
- Regional Quality Directors
- Marketing Science and Data Science Community members
- Project and Client Solution Teams
Technical skills required (Qualifications)
- PhD or Master Degree with a strong focus on quantitative techniques, quantitative marketing / market research, statistics or related areas
- 2+ years of working experience with complex market research data
- solid data analysis skills (e.g. Python, R, SPSS)
- solid knowledge of marketing and data sciences techniques (e.g. outlier detection, sampling & weighting, regression, cluster analysis, predictive modeling, natural language processing (NLP))
- programming skills (e.g. Python, R)
- familiarity with the ESOMAR principles on data quality and an awareness to data anomalies
- ability to think creatively in addressing analytical objectives
- knowledge of project management
- good communication skills both verbally and written in English
- a self-dependent, diligent, well-organized way of working
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!