At Consumer Panel Services GfK, our mission is clear: to provide key information on who buys what, where, how much, how often, and most importantly, why (or why not). We take pride in delivering high-quality, uninterrupted data, expert consultancy, and unparalleled expertise to empower our clients to deliver superior customer experiences at every stage of the shopper journey.
In Consumer Panel Services, we believe that constant innovation is key to improving the experience of our panelists while improving the pertinence and quality of their reported shop trips. To achieve this goal, we have developed a coding framework that automatically enriches shop receipts and consequently reduces work for our panelists.
The Data Scientist (m/f/d) plays a key role within a cross functional team composed of machine learning engineers, developers and data scientists. Reporting to our Lead Data Scientist also based in Nuremberg, the Data Scientist (m/f/d) actively contributes to develop new components our matching framework that allow the enrichment of consumer panel purchases.
- Create Data Science components that will improve our matching framework
- Develop NLP & machine learning models following prescribed best practices: reproducibility, documentation, coding guidelines
- Be an active member of our Agile Team, participate in the definition of tasks, share your findings, raise risks and uncertainty, challenge priorities during our plannings
- Present your achievements to the team and to broader audience during agile ceremonies (sprint reviews, system demos…)
- Learn more about the various different areas in CPS by working on cross-team projects.
- Participate in Communities of Practice (group of experts for specific domains) or temporary task force
- Create and improve current methods and tools, contribute to refine best practices in the area of Data Science
- Foster Data Science knowledge across the consumer panel organization
- A Masters or PhD degree in statistics/mathematics/computer science
- Minimum 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Solid knowledge of machine learning algorithms and deep learning algorithms
- Strong statistical skills: sampling, weighting, Bayesian statistics, statistical tests, correlation, regression…)
- Comprehensive knowledge of Python and the respective development tools / IDEs (e.g. Jupyter, PyCharm)
- Solid experience and working knowledge on NLP projects, from best practices to most sophisticated models
- Experience with common software engineering practices and framework (version control, testing, agile development / Scrum)
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal employment opportunity, focusing on all of our employees reaching their full potential.
We respect and value every employee regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, personality, experience, culture, faith, socio-economic status, or physical or mental disabilities.
We endorse the core principles and rights set forth in the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights and the Social Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union, promoting the universal values of human dignity, freedom, equality, and solidarity.
Learn more about who we are and everything we do on: https://www.gfk-cps.com/about-gfk-cps