At Consumer Panel Services GfK, our mission is clear: to provide key information on who buys what, where, how much, how often, and most importantly, why (or why not). We take pride in delivering high-quality, uninterrupted data, expert consultancy, and unparalleled expertise to empower our clients to deliver superior customer experiences at every stage of the shopper journey.
The Data Procurement Expert is CPS Procurement's data solutions champion and supports this category in strategy development and implementation. Reporting to the Head of Procurement & Facilities, the Data Procurement Expert supports the business in data supplier development activities, sourcing projects, specification definition and demand management. The Data Procurement Expert manages sourcing projects, specification definition & demand management as well as monitoring supplier performance and innovation activities.
- Support in analysis of supply market, understanding data products/services being purchased within category, understanding internal demand/specification & external best practices
- Identify and analyse strategic sourcing options under the guidance of the Head of Procurement
- Run/support tender process for data solutions including seeking approvals from the business and Head of Procurement and other internal stakeholders
- Challenge current working practices, specifications and demands for category
- Harmonize specification(s) with business stakeholders to standardize demand
- Create negotiation plans and support the business and Head of Procurement with data supplier negotiations
- Support Head of Procurement with regular performance reviews with preferred data suppliers
- Enable actions on continuous improvement plan with preferred data suppliers
- Draft development and implementation of contract KPI's
- Conduct supplier compliance reviews (i.e. use of supplier within sites, payment terms in system)
- Monitor supplier performance (i.e. contract KPI's, price)
- Support contract compliance (i.e. restricted party screening, financial checks, conflict of interest checks, forced labour, embargoed countries, etc.)
- Assist local sites with compliance to Regional and/or Global contracts, including communication
- Significant analytical and conceptual skills
- Experience in demand management, sourcing and negotiations
- An ability to influence others and align various interests
- A proactive, target oriented approach with strong presentation skills
- Strong time management skills for assigned projects and tasks
- Experiance in negotiating legal and commercial contractual aspects
- Sound problem solving skills and communicate complex issues clearly
- Proficient in MS Office
- Educated to degree level in technical/ Business Administration or related relevant Data Procurement work experience
- 5+ years work experience in a regional or global procurement role with a focus on relevant categories, preferable within Market Research or Data Services
- Fluent English language skills (written & verbal)
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal employment opportunity, focusing on all of our employees reaching their full potential.
We respect and value every employee regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, personality, experience, culture, faith, socio-economic status, or physical or mental disabilities.
We endorse the core principles and rights set forth in the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights and the Social Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union, promoting the universal values of human dignity, freedom, equality, and solidarity.
Learn more about who we are and everything we do on: https://www.gfk-cps.com/about-gfk-cps