United States of America
We show the world what people want.
Join GfK and help us shape tomorrow. As an NIQ company, we are the world's leading consumer intelligence firm, delivering the Full View™ on consumer behavior. We work to enable manufacturers and retailers better understand what consumers really want. Our name has inspired trust for over 89 years because we take pride in discovering new pathways to sustainable growth for our clients, our people, and our planet.
We are always looking for open-minded people who will grow with us, push boundaries, and pioneer disruptive methods in market research, data science, technology, and AI. If you share this passion to drive things forward and the integrity to insist on doing things the right way, we'll equip you to take your future into your own hands and play a leading role in our story.
MRI-Simmons is the leading provider of insights on the American consumer. With thousands of attitudinal and behavioral data points, gathered through ongoing surveys and passive measurement, MRI-Simmons empowers advertisers, agencies, and media companies with deeper insights into the “why” behind consumer behavior.
The company’s flagship product (MRI-Simmons USA) is the leading multi-media study of Americans and is widely recognized as the industry standard for magazine audience ratings. Powered by address-based probabilistic sampling, MRI-Simmons USA measures real people, chosen at random to represent the US population in all its variations. This methodological approach ensures stability of insights and provides the most accurate view of the American consumer.
The Account Executive, Advanced Advertising will be a key player in driving the sales initiatives for MRI-Simmons to grow our Advanced Advertising business, with solutions including data enrichment, multi-currency media planning and activation. The ideal candidate will work collaboratively with the VP of Advanced Advertising and cross-functionally with colleagues from other sales verticals to develop new sales opportunities, lead or participate in Advanced Advertising presentations, assist in developing new Advanced Advertising product initiatives, and finalize negotiations and contracts in relation to closing new business. This position will play a key role in identifying new business opportunities and serve as a key partner with sellers across verticals including media, platforms, agencies and brands.
As the Account Executive, Advanced Advertising, you will have following key accountabilities:
- Hit the ground running with a strong book of contacts and relationships, ideally in the agency vertical
- Work effectively and collaboratively internally to communicate the vision for the Advanced Advertising business
- Work with sales executives to understand how their clients use MRI-Simmons solutions and seek upsell opportunities
- Lead in negotiating, executing, and setting the commercial terms for new or upsell opportunities – ability to take deal from pre-sales, proposal through closing
- Work with the Product, Commercial and Operations Leads in curating client input to help develop and prioritize new and upgraded solutions
- Manage the internal sales processes to ensure all CRM data is up to date, sales orders are executed, and payments are received
- Work with Operations/Development and Client Service to determine data or software requirements and/or resources needed for delivery of the data
- Provide guidance and expertise in guiding colleagues from other sales verticals through more advanced/, data-driven opportunities
- Ensure that all reporting requirements from partners are being met and contractual obligations are being fulfilled
- Work with team to help define go-to-market strategy and promote new product initiatives
Now that we have introduced you to the position of Account Executive, Advanced Advertising, what skills, qualifications, and experience should you have?
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years’ experience in sales or business development roles in marketing research, Advanced Advertising, or data driven sales within the media industry
- Strong rolodex in the advanced advertising sector, preferably with media and/or agencies
- A driven and proactive hunter that can hit the ground running and needs no introduction
- Ability to effectively communicate relevant points about the value of advanced data solutions to colleagues as well as understand their/clients’ needs
- Strong understanding of the Digital/Advanced Advertising Ecosystem
- Expertise in the use/application of MRI-Simmons data and the ability to apply it to new advanced television partnership opportunities
- Strong communication skills to mediate across teams and different external parties, effectively communicate points to relevant parties
- Collaborative and a team player
- Exceptional relationship management skills, with experience in building strong relationships with key stakeholders, executive-level clients, and colleagues
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to understand and implement complex contracts and agreements
- Excellent consultative selling skills and familiarity with value-based pricing methodology; ability to proactively use knowledge of our partners’ industries to identify new business opportunities and make strategic recommendations
Salary commensurate with experience, annual base salary range: $140,000 - $150,000
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We are not responsible for any fee related to unsolicited resumes from 3rd party staffing and recruiting agencies (whether submitted through this website or sent directly to employees) unless a written agreement is in place between the agency and GfK (“Company”) and an authorized Company representative makes a written request to the agency to assist with this requisition. Similarly, no fee will be paid for candidates who apply and claim to be represented by an agency. Any unsolicited resumes, CVs, or other candidate information submitted by an agency will become the property of GfK, and no fee will be paid in the event such candidate is hired.
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal employment opportunity, focusing on all of our employees reaching their full potential.
We respect and value every employee regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, personality, experience, culture, faith, socio-economic status, or physical or mental disabilities.
We endorse the core principles and rights set forth in the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights and the Social Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union, promoting the universal values of human dignity, freedom, equality, and solidarity.
Learn more about how we are driving diversity and inclusion in everything we do on: https://www.gfk.com/about-gfk/diversity-and-inclusion
At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit and make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!