United States of America
We show the world what people want.
Join GfK and help us shape tomorrow. As an NIQ company, we are the world's leading consumer intelligence firm, delivering the Full View™ on consumer behavior. We work to enable manufacturers and retailers better understand what consumers really want. Our name has inspired trust for over 89 years because we take pride in discovering new pathways to sustainable growth for our clients, our people, and our planet.
We are always looking for open-minded people who will grow with us, push boundaries, and pioneer disruptive methods in market research, data science, technology, and AI. If you share this passion to drive things forward and the integrity to insist on doing things the right way, we'll equip you to take your future into your own hands and play a leading role in our story.
MRI-Simmons is the leading provider of insights on the American consumer. With thousands of attitudinal and behavioral data points, gathered through ongoing surveys and passive measurement, MRI-Simmons empowers advertisers, agencies, and media companies with deeper insights into the “why” behind consumer behavior.
The company’s flagship product (MRI-Simmons USA) is the leading multi-media study of Americans and is widely recognized as the industry standard for magazine audience ratings. Powered by address-based probabilistic sampling, MRI-Simmons USA measures real people, chosen at random to represent the US population in all its variations. This methodological approach ensures stability of insights and provides the most accurate view of the American consumer.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented sales professional to grow within the brand team, which continues to drive meaningful growth.
As the Account Director, you'll be tasked with growing partnerships directly with brands. Our partners on the brand team represent the nation’s largest blue-chip brands.
We’re looking for someone with digital and data sales experience. The ideal candidate will be determined, self-motivated, and willing to go the extra mile while hunting for new business. We are looking for an out-of-the box thinker who can capitalize on new opportunities and thrive in a strong team-based environment. The successful candidate will be rewarded with a tremendous opportunity to raise their industry profile with an established industry leader.
The position will be located in either Chicago or New York City and will require someone who is able to travel to clients as needed.
As the Account Director, you will have following key accountabilities:
- Responsible for prospecting, networking, and developing new business opportunities in designated markets.
- Consult with clients and uncover how they currently use consumer insights and where the MRI-Simmons offerings might fill voids.
- Through a consultative approach, generate revenue and achieve annual goals by selling and upselling syndicated and custom solutions.
- Communicate effectively with clients both written and orally and provide excellent customer support.
- Negotiate annual or multi-year contracts and ensure maximum renewal rate.
- Develop insightful presentations and educate clients on current MRI-Simmons capabilities and resources.
- Develop and execute strategic sales plans for assigned territories and/or vertical industries. Regularly check in on progress on the plan with the head of brand sales.
Now that we have introduced you to the position of Account Director, what skills, qualifications, and experience should you, have?
- Minimum 8 years selling market research (syndicated or custom) or experience within an agency or marketer
- Must have outstanding organizational and communication skills with attention to detail.
- Excel at presenting and telling a story with data.
- Expertise in selling syndicated research products directly to brands
- Thorough understanding of the Digital Marketing ecosystem
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills.
- Strong Salesforce or similar CRM system skills
- BA with a concentration in Communications, Marketing or Media a plus.
What we offer:
- 401K Match
- Medical/ Vision/ Dental Insurance
- Work life balance- Hybrid or Remote schedule
- Tuition Assistance – up to $5,250.00 yearly
- 11 paid corporate Holidays
- Life / Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Supplier Discounts/ Plum Benefits partnership
Salary commensurate with experience, annual base salary range: $120,000 - $150,000
At GfK we value diversity, equity, and inclusion. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
We are not responsible for any fee related to unsolicited resumes from 3rd party staffing and recruiting agencies (whether submitted through this website or sent directly to employees) unless a written agreement is in place between the agency and GfK (“Company”) and an authorized Company representative makes a written request to the agency to assist with this requisition. Similarly, no fee will be paid for candidates who apply and claim to be represented by an agency. Any unsolicited resumes, CVs, or other candidate information submitted by an agency will become the property of GfK, and no fee will be paid in the event such candidate is hired.
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal employment opportunity, focusing on all of our employees reaching their full potential.
We respect and value every employee regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, personality, experience, culture, faith, socio-economic status, or physical or mental disabilities.
We endorse the core principles and rights set forth in the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights and the Social Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union, promoting the universal values of human dignity, freedom, equality, and solidarity.
Learn more about how we are driving diversity and inclusion in everything we do on: https://www.gfk.com/about-gfk/diversity-and-inclusion
At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit and make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!