We show the world what people want.
Join GfK and help us shape tomorrow. As an NIQ company, we are the world's leading consumer intelligence firm, delivering the Full View™ on consumer behavior. We work to enable manufacturers and retailers better understand what consumers really want. Our name has inspired trust for over 89 years because we take pride in discovering new pathways to sustainable growth for our clients, our people, and our planet.
We are always looking for open-minded people who will grow with us, push boundaries, and pioneer disruptive methods in market research, data science, technology, and AI. If you share this passion to drive things forward and the integrity to insist on doing things the right way, we'll equip you to take your future into your own hands and play a leading role in our story.
You are a DevOps or Site Reliability Engineer with a passion for cloud infrastructure and automation. You’re a self-starter and you love keeping up to date with the latest developments in cloud, configuration management and container technologies. You understand the benefits of an immutable infrastructure and you enjoy enabling self-service deployments through continuous delivery pipelines.
However, you have a head for operations and you know that security, backups, scalability and resilience are a paramount concern. In fact, you have a keen interest in security and you’re always looking for ways to use infrastructure-as-code to achieve security and compliance at scale. You understand that costs are a concern for the modern infrastructure engineer and you’re always looking for ways to reduce them.
You thrive in a collaborative DevOps culture and you love to work as part of a cross-functional agile product delivery team alongside developers, data scientists, product owners and technical architects.
Working in partnership with our software engineering teams, the Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team is responsible for building and operating the next-generation infrastructure to support the GfK product portfolio.
Working extensively with in our hybrid cloud environment (AWS, GCP, Azure, private VMWare cloud), you will be embedded within the product development and SRE squads to enable them to test and deploy software rapidly whilst ensuring the highest standards of reliability and security.
You will influence architectural decisions with focus on security, scalability, cost and high-performance.
Part of your role will be to set up and maintain monitoring, metrics and reporting systems for fine-grained observability and actionable alerting and also create and maintain appropriate backup, restore and redundancy solutions for business-critical data.
- Linux administration skills and a deep understanding of networking and TCP/IP.
- Experience with the major cloud providers and Terraform.
- Knowledge of technical architecture and modern-day design patterns, including micro-services, serverless functions, NoSQL, RESTful APIs, etc.
- Demonstrable skills in a Configuration Management tool like Ansible.
- Experience in setting up and supporting CI/CD pipelines and tooling such as GitHub or Gitlab CI
- Proficiency in a high-level programming language such as Python or Go.
- Experience with monitoring, log aggregation, and alerting tooling (ELK, Prometheus, Grafana etc).
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with secret management tools like Hashicorp Vault is deemed a plus
- Proficient in applying SRE core tenets, including SLI/SLO/SLA measurement, toil elimination, and reliability modeling for optimizing system performance and resilience.
- Experience with cloud-native tools like Cluster API, service mesh, KEDA, OPA, Kubernetes Operators
- Experience with big data technologies such as NoSQL/RDBMS(PostgreSQL, Oracle, MongoDB), Redis, Spark, Rabbit, Kafka etc.
- Experience in troubleshooting and monitoring large-scale distributed systems
With @NielsenIQ, we’re now an even more diverse team of 40,000 people – each with their own stories
Our increasingly diverse workforce empowers us to better reflect the diversity of the markets we measure.
#NIQandGfK #TheFullView #ShapersofTomorrow #LI-Hybrid
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal employment opportunity, focusing on all of our employees reaching their full potential.
We respect and value every employee regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, personality, experience, culture, faith, socio-economic status, or physical or mental disabilities.
We endorse the core principles and rights set forth in the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights and the Social Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union, promoting the universal values of human dignity, freedom, equality, and solidarity.
Learn more about how we are driving diversity and inclusion in everything we do on: https://www.gfk.com/about-gfk/diversity-and-inclusion
At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit and make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!