For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
The world of technical consumers and durable goods is highly competitive, dynamic, and constantly changing.
Our clients need help answering the “why”. This is where your strengths will come in to enrich our dedicated Sales Effectiveness team within the Market Intelligence division, consulting DACH-based clients on a local and international level.
Who we are:
At Market Intelligence we help our clients to understand the dynamics of their market. Up-to-date retail sales data reveal how products are performing in the market - ongoing. We identify key trends and create relevant stories.
As acknowledged market experts we maintain a continuous dialogue with our clients to support them in setting clear strategies for commercial success.
Sales Effectiveness comprises a dedicated group of consultants who aim to enrich the sales data with insights from other sources, including but not limited to store-level retail data, daily pricing data from the web, and promotion information from leaflets.
We offer a dynamic and international working environment based in Nuremberg, Germany, at our brand-new “Orange Campus” where we work collaboratively, but also offer the flexibility to work from home when needed.
We want our people to be clever and skilled, challenged, and empowered, supported, and fulfilled. We want them to be constantly learning how to improve, how to do their job better, how to deliver data in better ways.
To enable this, we have a mentoring program, as well as a Global Learning Platform with courses on-demand and live trainings. GfK also offers comprehensive sports, health, and wellbeing program to help you find the balance between professional and personal life.
As a (Senior) Consultants (m/f/d) within Sales Effectiveness at GfK you will be responsible for:
- Act as strategic partners to our clients;
- Develop fact-based recommendations for complex key business questions, using a range of data sources that go beyond POS data;
- Delve deeper into the POS data at store-level, allowing AB tests and statistical modeling, such as price elasticities;
- Support internal colleagues to deliver insightful presentations to clients;
- Manage third-party data suppliers where necessary;
- A limited amount of travel may be necessary for client presentations;
- Collaborate in cross-functional teams with GfK experts in Sales, Operations, Data, and Marketing Sciences as well as Global Product Management.
You will be a good fit if you have the following qualifications and skills:
- Experience in a similar role at least 5 years;
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Business Administration, or equivalent;
- Extensive professional experience in either retail, with a brand manufacturer or consulting, ideally with a strong understanding of the technical consumer and durable goods industry;
- Strong methodological skills related to research and analytic projects;
- A proven track record in managing insights projects and analyses related to real-world business problems;
- Eagerness to learn, an open mindset, team spirit, and an entrepreneurial attitude;
- Advanced MS Office user;
- Excellent presentation and communication skills;
- Excellent German and English language skills.
We are looking for a new consultant to join our team with an open and curious mind and envision that person becoming a trusted partner for our clients.
You will work collaboratively and cross-functionally with Market Intelligence colleagues servicing a breadth of different categories (such as Consumer Electronics and Domestic Appliances).
Your role involves understanding client pain points, then offering data-driven solutions and insights to help them answer their critical business questions.
These insights are delivered to clients by enriching the GfK MI Sales Tracking data with syndicated causal data sources. An ad-hoc approach may be required to answer the client’s business question, which involves exchanging with the Marketing Science team on advanced analytics and interpreting the results for our clients. Additionally, your solution-oriented focus will assist Client Business Partner (Sales) colleagues to upgrade and tailor solutions to clients. This requires you to demonstrate a good understanding of commercial acumen. GfK is also undergoing a digital transformation, so you can also expect to become involved with end-to-end solutions.
Responsibility for client questions that go above and beyond the regular sales data are in your hands, allowing you to take a creative approach to solving problems! The role offers an exciting mix of sales activities, analytical tasks, cross-functional collaboration within GfK, and professional consulting.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!