For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Purpose of the Role
GfK’s suite of Market Intelligence (MI) solutions are providing manufacturers, distributors and retailers with the ability to measure performance, identify opportunities and implement smarter and faster decisions across the areas of product, price, place and promotion. The Global MI Sales team is responsible for defining the go to market aspects of these solutions and supporting our teams across over 60 countries worldwide to maximize our reach and value to our clients.
Reporting to Director of Global MI Sales, the Global MI Sales Manager role is focused on global and regional steering of the MI business. Working together within finance business partner to report and analyse the MI sales pipeline, conversion and net sales, understanding the results to proactively alert and notify of extraordinary developments or potential risks. This role includes the global commercial steering of regional and local MI scale countries & channels projects. From target setting to ongoing cadence of MI pipeline and net sales. Key internal clients include the President of Global Sales, VP Global MI Sales, Regional Presidents and the GfK’s Regional Sales Offices.
- Own the analysis of the Global MI sales pipeline and net sales performance. Develop deep understanding of the MI business dynamics to alert about potential risks early.
- Set up weekly regional cadence reporting for alignment with RVP/RSO to ensure that MI sales are fully addressed.
- Regular update of MI sales performance within S&OP reporting delivered to the ELT.
- Own on request MI pipeline and net sales analysis reports where required (e.g. CCO Scorecard development).
- Utilise Salesforce capabilities to analyse and assess the performance of Global MI Campaigns to support achieving volume generation targets
- Coordinate sales tools and rollout for White Spots and other Global MI Campaigns.
- Provide hunting lists for MI products and Global MI Sales Campaigns.
- Support analysis on global addressable MI potential and MI sales forecasting.
- Work together with Regions and Global MI Panel Management to drive and steer scale countries & channels projects from a sales perspective.
- MI Product Hierarchy ownership.
- Provide input to Salesforce development team to reflect requirements of the MI business.
Essential Skills and Expectations
- University degree in Business Administration, Finance or Economics or equivalent university degree
- Experienced in the Research Industry preferably in Point of Sales Tracking
- Ability to analyze sales data to identify risks and opportunities and to suggest scalable corrective actions.
- Strong communication skills. Knows how to work with a diverse community to set and meet common goals.
- Works with integrity and has eye for detail with high-quality standards.
- Good team player
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Excellent understanding of numbers and above-average Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experienced with Salesforce would be preferable
- Enthusiasm to learn and utilize learnings
- Passion, energy and drive
- More than 5 years’ experience in the research industry, preferable Point of Sales Tracking.
- International experience is preferable.
- We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
- Can there be a better place to take centre stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!