United States of America
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Who We Are:
MRI-Simmons Research is a leading consumer insights company. We are an established organization, with a great brand, that is aggressively reinventing itself through investments in technology and people! The innovative private equity firm, Symphony Technology Partners, also backs us.
What We Do:
MRI-Simmons measures consumer preferences, attitudes and behaviors. We do this by collecting data through surveys and passively measured data in a way that is representative of the general population, applying data science and making sense of consumer data through enterprise-grade software. Marketers and media companies then use MRI-Simmons data and technology to develop marketing strategies, consumer segmentation schemes and media activation approaches.
The ideal candidate will be a cross-disciplinary triple threat with skills in project management, process re-engineering in devops, and a passion for product management. They should value collaboration, communication and enjoy providing value to users with the tools they manage and create. The candidate should be critical thinker and have ability to prioritize their work so that the time taken to complete a project reduces and high-quality satisfactory results are obtained within the set time span.
They should have ability to deploy the projects and respond to the queries of the clients with proper solutions. As they must interact with the clients, development team, other managers they should also have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The candidate will act as a product manager for some of the projects, interacting with internal stakeholders to understand their needs and develop them into requirements for development teams.
As Technical Project Manager, you will have following key accountabilities:
- This position will require the individual to define and manage project plans and deliverables for the DevOps evolution across the portfolio.
- Proficiency in properly and quickly prioritizing and scoping requirements.
- The ability to work collaboratively with all parties and engage with business partners to ensure implemented tools and technologies are being utilized to their fullest potential.
- Tracking issues and reporting statuses via use of platforms such as Jira.
- Will help lead and define the tools and technologies to complete the Point B for the devops implementation of the selected applications; this individual will manage and report the efforts to management. This may involve tasking individuals and holding them accountable to maintain progress.
- Be well versed in Dev Ops tools, concepts and methodologies.
- Be able to perform research and provide read outs to teams on such tools and technologies.
- The individual will work with the respective Dev Ops leads and create/manage and work to complete the defined project plans and deliverables.
- The individual will take general direction and follow up to ensure all teams are working efficiently and are not being impacted or redirected due to other priorities or lack of clarity and scope. This individual will quickly escalate issues to management as appropriate.
- Experience with Open Source solutions and software is preferable.
- Technical confidence and familiarity with Dev Ops tools, techniques and more importantly, mindset.
Now that we have introduced you to the position as Technical Project Manager, what skills, qualifications and experience should you, have?
- 5+ years' experience in Technical Project Management
- Hands on experience in managing DevOps and operations teams
- Hands on experience managing Agile development environments
- Ability to develop good relationships and work with external and internal stakeholders
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience working with media companies, agencies, traditional and digital research is a plus
- Product management experience is a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We are not responsible for any fee related to unsolicited resumes from 3rd party staffing and recruiting agencies (whether submitted through this website or sent directly to employees) unless a written agreement is in place between the agency and GfK (“Company”) and an authorized Company representative makes a written request to the agency to assist with this requisition. Similarly, no fee will be paid for candidates who apply and claim to be represented by an agency. Any unsolicited resumes, CVs, or other candidate information submitted by an agency will become the property of GfK, and no fee will be paid in the event such candidate is hired.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!