For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
As a junior software engineer , you will be learning to become a mature software engineer technically with the enough skills that show your aptitude and potential to become a fully trained software engineer (the next level on the ladder).
- Further development and maintenance of our existing software solutions
- Accompaniment of the entire software life cycle (planning, analysis, drafting, programming, etc.) within the scope of individual projects
- Drafting of software designs and software architectures
- Development of future products
Must Have :
- Completed training as an application developer with professional experience, university degree in computer science or comparable qualification
- In-depth knowledge of object-oriented JAVA programming (polymorphism)
- Understanding of the functionality and development of server-client based software.
- Good English communication skills.
Good to have :
- Knowledge of relational database design (SQL, MYSQL, Sybase, PostgreSQL).
- Knowledge of REST, APIs, Java SPRING or similar
- Good knowledge of Git
- Experience working in commercial software development is a big plus
What we offer :
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive training program and development programmes.
- 24/7 SOS hotline for all travel emergencies.
- Subsidised canteen or other lunch options (depending on location)
- Health management e.g. subsidised in-house massages, relaxing techniques, health day, free sport courses.
- Corporate benefits e.g. for fashion, travel, sport, regional offerings.
- Diverse and Dynamic environment with learning and collaboration.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!