United States of America
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
The Vice President, Consulting, Marketing & Consumer Intelligence, West Coast, is a senior research professional with broad and deep research experience responsible for creating, maintaining and developing partnership relationships with research and marketing clients, with a relevant background/experience working in the Tech, Fintech and/or Automotive sectors.
The Vice President, Consulting plays a critical role for GfK as the primary client contact and senior brand and category research design and consulting expert. You will be responsible for the overall relationship with key clients, with a primary focus on insight generation from GfK’s Solutions & Insights portfolio, and integrating knowledge from various engagements.
You will be expected to maintain approximately $3-4 mil volume of client research business each year. The Vice President, Consulting is highly visible and represents the GfK brand to the outside world and as such is expected to consistently live that brand within GfK and in the marketplace in marketing campaigns and public profile events. The Vice President, Consulting is jointly responsible with the client services team for delivering exceptional thinking, recommendations and service on every project in order to create significant impact on the client’s business.
You Will Have the Opportunity To:
- Develop exceptional client relationships in support of GfK's partnership strategy.
- Develop and execute Strategic Account Development Planning.
- Create opportunities for GfK across our matrix and partnerships, generating key integrated engagements for GfK.
- Close business through exceptional research, consultative selling and communication skills.
How You Will Make an Impact:
- Guide and enhance compelling proposals that demonstrate outstanding research design to meet client needs within applicable constraints.
- Bring deep Industry understanding and context to the client relationship.
- Demonstrate excellent strategic skills in reviewing and improving client research reports, and enhancing final summaries and conclusions for client research projects.
- Insight generation and Excellence in story-telling.
- Integrate various data streams to provide actionable recommendations and a compelling consultative story to senior level clients.
Ideally You Will Bring The Following:
- Minimum 10 years related work experience marketing research or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Client-side Tech/Financial and/or Auto OEM experience very much preferred, experience in marketing, advertising, product planning and/or strategy ideal.
- Must have excellent communication, presentation and persuasion skills.
- Embrace strategic business development role, including sales targeting strategies, relationship building, business development tools/techniques and use of Salesforce and other sales management and prospecting tools
- Must have a proven track record for achieving sales goals and delighting clients.
- Ideally based in Los Angeles area, west coast-base required, only occasional travel outside of region, expected to be no more than 10% at travel, remote office option.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, mathematics, or sciences, or equivalent experience.
What We Offer:
- 401K Match
- Medical/ Vision/ Dental Insurance
- Work life balance- Hybrid or Remote schedule
- Tuition Assistance – up to $5,250.00 yearly
- 11 paid corporate Holidays
- Life / Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Supplier Discounts/ Plum Benefits partnership
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!