For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
You will be...
Working in partnership with our software engineering teams, the Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team is responsible for building and operating the next-generation infrastructure to support the GfK product portfolio.
Working extensively with in our hybrid cloud environment (GCP), you will be embedded within the product development squads to enable them to test and deploy software rapidly whilst ensuring the highest standards of reliability and security.
You will influence architectural decisions with focus on security, scalability, cost and high-performance.
Part of your role will be to set up and maintain monitoring, metrics and reporting systems for fine-grained observability and actionable alerting and also create and maintain appropriate backup, restore and redundancy solutions for business-critical data.
• Expert Linux administration skills and deep understanding of networking and TCP/IP, troubleshooting and package analysis.
• Proficient in Configuration Management tool. We use Ansible/ Ansible Tower.
• Experience with Docker (Docker-compose, Docker commands, configuration, troubleshooting), and preferably knowledge in Kubernetes.
• Strong experience with Google Cloud Platform (or other cloud) and Terraform
• Experience with GitLab, Bitbucket and GitFlow
• Set up and supporting CI/CD pipelines and tooling such as Jenkins, Bamboo or
• VM creation and destruction automation, as well as Ansible Tower templates triggering.
• Advanced in Bash.
• Proficiency in high level programming language such as Python, Ruby or Java
• Basic know how on load balancing, functionality and configuration.
• Monitoring, log aggregation and alerting tooling (ELK, Icinga, Cloudwatch, New Relic, Splunk).
• Have experience working with Smoke tests.
• Excellent knowledge of technical architecture and modern day design patterns, including micro-services, serverless functions, NoSQL, RESTful APIs, etc.
• Experience working in an agile environment.
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!