For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Mission of the role:
You are a passionate software engineer who knows the ins and outs of software engineering and how it fits the broader software development lifecycle. Modelling the world, thinking in terms of design patterns, object-oriented design, functional programming, test driven development are your second nature. You have written several applications from scratch and many are still in production to the delight of their users. You enjoy working in a team of likeminded professionals and keen to provide feedback on other's code as well as act on feedback received on yours. You are used to working in agile teams delivering small, incremental improvements through continuous delivery pipelines. You are proud of the quality, security and robustness of the code you write, and because you write your code with an in depth understanding of the execution environment these qualities translate to the systems you implement as well.
As a Senior Software Engineer (Python) you will have the following key accountabilities:
- Own features and drive them to delivery end to end
- Have a good overall picture of current and future developments and risks
- Provide solutions to problems across your functional areas
- Help to create software that is scalable, testable, maintainable and of high quality
- Coordination with different roles and teams outside of your own
- Work closely with Data Science teams to ensure adherence to standards and code quality
Now that you know what a Senior Software Engineer (Python) does, what skills, qualifications and experience do you need?
- Strong Python 3 application development knowledge
- Strong knowledge of micro-service-based architectures including orchestration and containerization (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Hashicorp Nomad or similar)
- Strong knowledge of testing in Python (libraries, best practices, test automation)
- Strong knowledge of building data pipelines
- Strong database skills, both SQL and NoSQL (e.g. Redis)
- Fundamentals of building distributed systems (e.g. stream-processing systems, batch-processing systems)
- Prior experience with Dask, Apache Spark or similar frameworks
It would be a great addition if you have…
- Prior experience with workflow management systems (e.g. Airflow)
- Solid knowledge of cloud computing environments and tooling
- Proven track-record of building machine learning based applications or services
- Knowledge in package management tools
Join our team and benefit from the following advantages:
- Exciting work environment that brings people together
- Use of the latest digital technologies
- Initial and ongoing trainings to support your development
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Competitive remuneration and bonus scheme linked to individual performance and company results
- Flexible working hours and home office
- 3 additional non-working days annually
- Food vouchers
- Health insurance
- Discount program with external vendors
- Eco friendly travelers are welcome to the office – parking places for bikers and free card for public transportation are available to all employees
- Last but not least – GfK Sofia office is located close to the city centre and easily accessible from any point by public transportation – 47A Tsarisgradsko Shose Blvd
All documents will be treated in the strictest confidentiality.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!