For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
We're looking for Senior Front-end engineers who do have an in-depth understanding of:
- HTML: everything from basic markup, templating engines to HTML5 features
- CSS: includes the native style sheets language as much as the preprocessing languages, such as SASS.
- Deep understanding of the building blocks that are required for building a front-end application:
- Project architecture, planning, and task management.
- Version control (git and its various repository systems).
- Testing (unit/e2e).
- Security (XSS, SQL Injection, html sanitization)
- Building for different environments, server configuration, bundling (webpack, docker, k8s).
- reusable UI components architecture in popular frameworks and abstraction layers services/api for SPA and PWA
- Frameworks: be familiar with current trends in front-end frameworks (React, Vue, Angular), tools, and processes, yet should retain respect for underlying technologies and be competent in coding standard solutions without the help of frameworks and libraries.
- UX: to be able to tailor the user experience to the execution environment of their application (browser, mobile, etc.). This includes layout responsiveness, accessibility features, mature look&feel of the UI
- Confidence to make a meaningful contribution to the development process, making decisions autonomously, and driving projects where appropriate.
- A positive attitude to learning from others, and a recognition that supervision will likely be required for more technical tasks. Ability to thrive in a pair programming context.
- Understanding of how their contribution can be leveraged to influence the wider organization outside their team.
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!