For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manages research project tasks end to end – questionnaire/ discussion guide design, liaising with project management/ marketing science/ data processing functions for timely and successful completion of projects.
- Helps drive actionable results and insights from the data collected and connect dots with other secondary data sources. Generates hypotheses / deep–dive into client business questions and helps bring strong data-based narrative for client business questions.
- Act as day-to-day contact for the clients and able to establish dialogue with clients.
- Ensures that internal team members understand the project outcomes and monitor the progress of the outcome. Is proactively able to advise line manager of any upcoming problems and opportunities.
- Experience in Quantitative research is non-negotiable
- Competent and well-versed in all stages of market research (e.g. proposal writing, questionnaire design, sampling, data collection, data analysis, reporting and presentation)
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Experience of having worked in specific domains like Brand Health Tracking, U&A, segmentation, pricing, shopper purchase journeys a plus.
- Good organiser with the ability to prioritize and multi-task and be able to work in a virtual set-up.
- Sound analytical skills and the ability to interpret research data accurately
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to maintain a positive, motivational, “get things done” attitude
- Being able to collaborate across different functions / teams/ markets
- Goal and action-oriented
- Ability to work under the pressure of deadlines
- Thorough with strong attention to detail
- Even temperament and balanced
- High energy with a positive ‘can do’ attitude and optimism
- Prepared to take ownership of issues and responsibility for actions
- Strong work ethics and reliability
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- At least 5-8 years’ experience in a market research role (with minimum 3-4 years with quantitative research)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education in any discipline
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!