United States of America
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
GfK’s Boutique Research team is a fast-paced international team whose purpose over the last twenty years has been to combine GfK’s unparalleled data assets with a deep market understanding and innovative analytics to provide a premium selection of research to equity markets. As a Research Associate/Analyst, you will work as an integral cog within our team, conducting research on publicly traded companies derived from GfK’s proprietary POS data. We are looking for an energetic and motivated individual seeking to develop their critical thinking skills to support our clients in the institutional investment space.
In this role you will have the opportunity to:
- Work collaboratively with the broader Boutique analyst team to analyze GfK data and produce detailed industry-level research reports
- Build a strong knowledge base for tracking prominent publicly traded companies, keeping up to date on the latest news and earnings releases
- Rapidly analyze GfK’s proprietary global POS database to identify key inflection points, leveraging a variety of tools including Excel, SQL, Power BI, R and Python
- Manage market forecasts that are updated in real-time to flag the impact
- Craft top-tier visualizations to effectively convey important conclusions from the latest research
- Represent GfK in front of its clients, detailing the latest research either over the phone, over Zoom or in-person
How you will make an impact:
- Contribute to impactful written analysis of the latest data, identifying key trends for important companies to support our clients in their investment decisions
- Effectively communicate GfK’s unique research messages to investment clients across all mediums, using clear concise language
- Support lead analysts in covering multiple companies across an industry with research and forecasts, driving incremental narratives that will add value for our clients
Ideally, you will bring the following:
- 2-4 years of work experience as an analyst in a role related to finance, with at least one year of experience in a client facing role
- Exceptional analytical skills and an appetite for knowledge – industry-specific knowledge is desirable, but not required
- High proficiency of Microsoft Excel (Power Pivot, Macros, etc.) is a must
- Minimum basic knowledge of SQL required
- Knowledge of Power BI / Tableau, R or Python is a plus
- The ability to craft effective visualizations to highlight key data trends and conclusions
What GfK offers:
- 401K Match
- Eleven paid corporate holidays
- Medical / Vision / Dental / Life / Pet insurance
- Work / Life balance – Hybrid work schedule and centrally-located downtown Boston office
- Tuition assistance – up to $5,250.00 yearly
- Commuter benefits
- Supplier discounts / Plum Benefits partnership
At GfK we value diversity, equity, and inclusion. As a part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!