For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Purpose of the Role
- Is being functionally responsible for bidding and project management.
- Manages in country project management staff directly
- Is being a key member of the local Operations management team, and as such supports operational strategy by taking the lead on strategic initiatives aimed at developing the services local Operations offer the Sales/Client solutions teams
- Manages the financial performance of the local Project Management unit
- Ensures bids and projects are managed professionally and with attention to budget, timing, consultation and quality.
- Responsible for the overall organization, coordination and management of projects that focus on the implementation of standardized and optimized processes.
- Ensures that projects and tasks are set up in time and according to cost budgets.
- Provides leadership to direct team to ensure the correct skills and culture exist within the organizational unit
- Directs and oversees all bidding and project management carried out by the local Project Management organizational unit
- Provides technical and operational consultancy to the Sales and Client solutions teams
- Ensures the processes and systems for bids and project management within the local team are robust, efficient, provide a seamless service to the Sales/Client Solutions teams
- Implements and follows Project Management standard procedures and processes
- Acts as a senior point of escalation for project/bidding issues
- Ensures Project Management processes and systems are followed to meet the needs of the Sales/Client Solutions teams.
- Ensures professional workload management and monitors workload as well as optimizes staff utilization
- Overall responsible for people development/career progression within the Project Management unit
- Clearly communicates global and local strategy to the teams; sets goals, provides direction and guidance to direct reports
- Monitors key metrics for the local Project Management unit i.e. project management budgeted versus actual hours
- Sales/ Solutions team
- Global Service Centers
- Operations manager
- GPS team
- Field team
- Data processing team
- Scripting team
- External client where required
- External vendors where required
Technical skills required
- Advanced in Project Management
- Advanced knowledge of the Data Collection process
- Expert knowledge in Project Management
- Advanced knowledge in Questionnaire and Research design and in Proposal Development
- Advanced knowledge in Quality checks and control
- Business Fluent in English
- Advanced knowledge in MS Office
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!